Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Transmission Rebuild 1998 GT40

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
finnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote finnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Transmission Rebuild 1998 GT40
    Posted: April-22-2019 at 2:18pm
Hello Friends,

At the end of the summer last year my it seemed as if my prop was slipping when I quickly throttled up to take off. I am fearful that the tranny needs to be rebuilt. Any advice on where to get the parts and who to consult? I have a buddy who is an excellent car mechanic and he agreed to help me. He has his own repair shop so he has a host of tools, but will we need anything special? How difficult is this job? I am not much of a gear head so any advice would be greatly welcomed.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2019 at 3:08pm
I don't know if there are any guides or instructions that are out there like the Borg Warners have - you'll have to do a google search. I think JoeinNY has done one. What I do know is that only PCM sells the parts you will need you'll have to go through any of their dealers.
Here is skidims link to parts and a downloadable manual,good luck.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2019 at 4:22pm
Gary has the info for you there - definitely download the shop manual. It is an expensive transmission to work on, I have put some seals in before but because it is about 550 in parts to pull it apart and change clutches I didn't go farther than I needed to - I would make sure you have good fluid and at the proper level before you commit to a rebuild.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
finnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote finnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-23-2019 at 4:24pm
I will definitely do that 1st
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic