Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Where do I connect my heater lines? 98 SN - GT40
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Where do I connect my heater lines? 98 SN - GT40

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
man0seven View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote man0seven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where do I connect my heater lines? 98 SN - GT40
    Posted: April-25-2019 at 1:41am
Hey everybody,
I need help in figuring out the best place to connect my heater hot water line and the return line. Can someone tell me or better yet, upload pictures? 
I know that the low idle wye is supposed to be the best way but where do I put it?
Thanks in advance.
2005 Ski Nautique
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2019 at 2:27am
The Y goes into the raw water intake hose,I put mine in about a foot before the raw water pump just because it was convenient. The other hose goes into a T that is in the intake manifold port near toward approx 4-5 o'clock of the distributor. Right now there is a temperature sender in it that's why you need the T,the sender has to go back in too. When I first got the boat it did not have the Y,that heater hose was threaded into the drain of that U between the circulation pump and the lower thermostat housing. At idle there was zero heat. That Y made all the difference. If no one beats me to it I'll try to find a picture of the manifold T in my 40 tommorow
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2019 at 9:26am
It’s a little hard to see but the Tee is just left of the distributor, that is out “to” the heater. The "Y" fitting "OUT" from the heater I put like Gary said below and just left of the crank pulley. Remember that is the return line so make sure the "Y" is oriented the correct way.

man0seven View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote man0seven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2019 at 2:01pm
This is very helpful. Thank you both.
2005 Ski Nautique
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2019 at 6:10pm
I think you guy's engines are in the boat backwards.....

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2019 at 6:32pm
nope that's you as$ pushers that are backwards
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic