Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lock Nut for Stuffing Box?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Mike Parmley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Parmley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lock Nut for Stuffing Box?
    Posted: April-25-2019 at 2:58pm
Anyone know where to obtain the locking nut for a traditional stuffing box? This is off a 1986 Correct Craft Martinique. The thin locking nut that secures the nut over the input tube is what I am looking for. I have checked Skidim and the old Christines and subsequent C&S were blanks as well.

Thanks
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2019 at 3:35pm

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2019 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by Mike Parmley Mike Parmley wrote:

Anyone know where to obtain the locking nut for a traditional stuffing box? This is off a 1986 Correct Craft Martinique. The thin locking nut that secures the nut over the input tube is what I am looking for. I have checked Skidim and the old Christines and subsequent C&S were blanks as well.

Thanks

You might look for a week or 2 through Pete's link and come up with nothing or you could let your fingers do the walking and call someplace like Buck Algonquin , go2 marine, General Propeller or any of a variety of places that sell a 1 inch bronze stuffing box complete with nuts and see if they sell the nuts separately.

I have one in front of me that is 1 9/16 -14 threads and it's 5/16 inches thick from a mid 70's SN with a 1 inch shaft

Measure the diameter of yours since it could be different and make some calls.

The link below will take you to some places you can call   

link
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic