NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mystery holes

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Thomasn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomasn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mystery holes
    Posted: May-11-2019 at 8:23pm
Thank you, I think the surgery went ok, I hope to get back out there in a few days. My boys and I enjoy doing a project, the bigger the challenge the better,
Thanks for the support,
TF
Thomasn
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2019 at 6:10pm
Tom,
Hopefully everything went well with the procedure and you can continue working on the boat. A father son project is admirable and rewarding. I wish I had done more with my son.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Thomasn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomasn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2019 at 10:56am
Thanks Pete, I will try and get a close up picture, hopefully by Sunday maybe. I am fixing to to to the hospital for some surgery on my artieries this morning and not sure when I will be able to get out to the shop.
Thomasn
Thomasn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomasn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2019 at 10:52am
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Tom,
I'd say the holes are not from a factory pylon. A pylon of that era would be fastened towards the top on the bulkhead between the fore and aft cockpits, go through a hole in the sole (floor) and then at the bottom would be attached to the inner keel with a clevis. A picture may help to determine what the holes were from.
Thomasn
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2019 at 7:21am
Tom,
I'd say the holes are not from a factory pylon. A pylon of that era would be fastened towards the top on the bulkhead between the fore and aft cockpits, go through a hole in the sole (floor) and then at the bottom would be attached to the inner keel with a clevis. A picture may help to determine what the holes were from.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Thomasn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomasn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2019 at 1:03am
My son and I are in the middle of restoring our 1961 compact skier.
We pulled up the floor boards and can see 3 holes, like 3/8 going thru
the center stringer, directly in front of the engine. Looks like the stringer may be beefed up a bit and there apears to have a plate previously mounted on both sides of the stringer. Now, I am wondering if these 3 holes may have been for mounting a ski tower and since been removed. At any rate, I dont want to leave these holes open and allow bilge water in untreated wood. If they are intended for a ski tower I would like to reinstall one.
This little gem is starting to look good again and I want it as original as I can get it.
Thanks, all advice appreciated, and I am still hoping to find the starboard side windshield wing window.
TF
Thomasn
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic