NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

79 Nautique

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345 6>
Author
jterr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2019 at 6:35pm
Need a little help with floor. How thick is it? I tried converting but don't think it's right. I tried a piece of 5/8" and 3/4 " and the 3/4" seems to thick and the 5/8" not thick enough.
I know anyone should be able to figure it out
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2019 at 6:55pm
John,
You'll notice there's a height difference in the main stringers forward of the engine. This is for a plywood base to give the seat brackets something to screw to. The difference should be 3/4". Aft of the ply, the sole would be glass over the foam if you are going back to foaming. Are you going foam or not?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
jterr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2019 at 7:57pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

John,
3/4". Aft of the ply, the sole
-????-

Is the floor 1 piece of plywood 3/4" and then another piece under that where the pylon goes between the stringers?

And yes will be using the foam.
Thanks
JT
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2019 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

John,
Aft of the ply, the sole would be glass over the foam if you are going back to foaming.

Do you see the height difference in the stringers? That's where the ply goes. Then aft is the fiberglass over the foam.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2019 at 9:08pm
John,
Have you had the time to search out other stringer replacement threads. Some have some great pictures like this one I found:

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
jterr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2019 at 9:10pm
Thanks
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2019 at 9:50pm
Actually Pete original would have been 3/4" planks of various widths with glass over it.

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2019 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by gun-driver gun-driver wrote:

Actually Pete original would have been 3/4" planks of various widths with glass over it.

There are reports of 1x's or ply. CC back then was very frugal and used what was on hand. I'd say the 1x's came from engine crating!   

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
jterr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2019 at 12:43pm
Question of the hull decals. Been reading through some of the posts but most seem to be dead.
Any updates are places that might sell the templates/decals?
jterr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2019 at 6:05pm
Bought some Penetrating Epoxy; I thought I did. When I received and read the directions it says for poring in rotten wood not for brushing on.
jterr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2019 at 11:02pm
Well still messing around with the 79-(83 has stringers just not in boat yet); thought I would remove those hideous graphics on the side and looks like they painted the side with something as I can actually scratch it off.
Any suggestions ......
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2019 at 9:40am
John,
Clayton_1986 needs a copy of the stringers layout, are the ones I sent you available ?
Here's his thread in the boat maintenance section maybe you can help him out
http://correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=47613&PID=571774&title=1986-restoration#571774
jterr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2019 at 10:31am
I already sent him a email and soon as my slow a$$ boat guy gets done will send them.
He's been cutting them out for weeks but nothing in boat
JT
jterr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-05-2019 at 11:21am
Quick question. What battery(Standard Type) are y'all using? I put 1 of the battery boxes out of my 83 in the 79 but the battery is too tall, lid won't fit????
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-05-2019 at 11:36am
Originally posted by hal2814 hal2814 wrote:

You need a starting battery, not deep cycle. Marine doesn’t matter but as pointed out above if you get automotive you’ll need to buy the adapters that you clamp on the battery lugs that have the studs on them. Group is a definition of size. All Group 65 batteries have the same dimensions. So you need a group 65 battery with at least 650 CCA and 120 amp hours. That’s what will fit and what will work for starting the boat. You want either marine starting or just a regular automotive battery with stud adapters.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
jterr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2019 at 4:13pm
Got new battery and all is well.
Next question. Where would one find that black rubber strip 1 1/2" wide that is on the big piece of wood behind the engine box(2 of them)? PO removed damn near everything original in this boat
BoyceByerly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BoyceByerly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2019 at 6:39pm
The two 'red things' are the in/out for the blower system.
Boyce Byerly
Owner of a '79 Mustang
BoyceByerly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BoyceByerly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2019 at 6:41pm

I have a '79 MUSTANG, which I know is different, but you didn't seem to be having much luck with the more specific query.

-Boyce
Boyce Byerly
Owner of a '79 Mustang
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2019 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by BoyceByerly BoyceByerly wrote:

The two 'red things' are the in/out for the blower system.

I don't think you have that quite right They were called vents a couple times in the thread and that's what they are.

Like you said in your vapor lock thread, one is the outlet vent for the blower but the other is also an outlet vent for air from the bilge area with no blower just a hose attached to it running down low in the bilge area behind the tank.

The inlet to the bilge area is the front hood scoop, through some ducting to the bilge area up forward of the driver's feet under the front deck.

jterr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2019 at 7:57pm
Originally posted by BoyceByerly BoyceByerly wrote:

I have a '79 MUSTANG, which I know is different, but you didn't seem to be having much luck with the more specific query.

-Boyce

No Problem. But I was thinking I redid a 79 back in the late 80's but it was a 76 that I did as a 79(graphics only); now I have a 79 that I'm just redoing till I get my 83 up and running.

There that should clear it up
jterr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2019 at 10:33am
Next question. Where would one find that black rubber strip 1 1/2" wide that is on the big piece of wood behind the engine box(2 of them)? PO removed damn near everything original in this boat
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2019 at 11:29am
Originally posted by jterr jterr wrote:

You already asked that question yesterday JT

Just so you have one answer.................beats me

Got new battery and all is well.

jterr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2019 at 12:00pm
Silly me I thought it might have been missed in the read
Thanks

This might work??https://www.tools4flooring.com/johnsonite-cdxx-transition-p-484.html?gclid=Cj0KCQjwjYHpBRC4ARIsAI-3GkFKF8Q48-R8VkzpAuyIzZsWaFOMdaBK_V66rg-xMwxKbfyCXRd5C-0aAgezEALw_wcB
jterr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2019 at 4:34pm
Anyone can get a pic of the side ski holders? Thinking of adding to my boats while they are in pieces..
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2019 at 11:48am

Anyone can get a pic of the side ski holders? Thinking of adding to my boats while they are in pieces..

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=47654&title=nautique-ski-rack-out-of-93-sn
jterr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2019 at 11:53am
Originally posted by gun-driver gun-driver wrote:

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=47654&title=nautique-ski-rack-out-of-93-sn

Thanks this might be better and easier to make than that long section.
jterr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-14-2019 at 2:47pm
Hey need some HELP ; I just tried to install new carpet and it looked good until I tried to glue it down. The sides where the hull curves in starting buckling out(would not lay flat).
I'm trying to put it down all in 1 piece, is that the problem?????
Wisky Badger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wisky Badger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-14-2019 at 3:25pm
Let the Glue tac up and then install the carpet.
jterr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-14-2019 at 3:59pm
The problem I'm having is the carpet is bunching up (on the side where it curves back towards bow); no place for it to lay flat. Should I maybe just make a cut-don't really want a seam but if that is what it takes.
jterr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2019 at 8:07pm
Started on the outside by taking off those hideous graphics. While removing also removed what looks to be paint.
I guess the PO painted the damn thing now not sure what to do
I'll see if a photo will help show......

Suggestions

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345 6>
  Share Topic