NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

79 Nautique

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 6>
Author
jterr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 79 Nautique
    Posted: May-03-2019 at 10:17pm
Have a 79 SN that needs some upkeep. Need to know about driver and spotter seats and the engine cover. Whats in the boat now looks home made, as in nothing at all like my 83.
Pics would be appreaciated and where to find parts-seats and motor cover. Looked in parts for sale but everything is pretty old.
Thanks
JT
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2019 at 11:02pm
79 has very simple seats, the pass seat is held in place by 4 knobs you screw down.
I was able to take the knobs off lift the seat and spin it around for front veiw when we took it for a cruise.   I think the two bars that held both the upper and lower cushions were aluminum and about 2" wide. It has been nearly 30 years since I sold mine but I did install new seat covers and built new wood for my seats while I owned it.
The original sales brochures are available on this site, I think you could find a picture there.
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2019 at 11:19pm
JT

You could do a search on CCF titled "seats" and end up with some pictures of the aluminum framework that's probably a lot like your 83.

Speaking of the 83, I stumbled into the thread in the link and said to myself.............."these seats have JT written all over them"   

They'll match your engine

link

jterr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2019 at 12:16am
Man those really look "Grator" except the brown strip, that cold be changed. Thanks for the idea.
JT
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2019 at 12:36am
Originally posted by jterr jterr wrote:

Have a 79 SN that needs some upkeep. Need to know about driver and spotter seats and the engine cover. Whats in the boat now looks home made, as in nothing at all like my 83.
Pics would be appreaciated and where to find parts-seats and motor cover. Looked in parts for sale but everything is pretty old.
Thanks
JT

John,
Pictures of what's in the 79 now would help us. Have you looked through the diary and brochure sections for clues?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
jterr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2019 at 8:09am
I'll have a look. Will get some pics later today.
Thanks
JT
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2019 at 8:34am
Here's what the brackets look like for the seats (from an old thread on CCF)

jterr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2019 at 9:42am
Thanks I thought they should be kinda like the 83. The one in 79 is a round pedestal like in a bass boat. I know the spotter is wrong also as it doesn't turn around just faces to rear,
JDD33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JDD33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2019 at 1:20pm
Ha! Those are my seat bases! Thanks Keno!
Actually just sold them....
Old school goin back to school!
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2019 at 3:29pm
Those bases are exactly what was in my 78. You can see the slots to adjust forward and back.
jterr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2019 at 4:50pm
Are the bases the same for both sides? Just found a pair for the Passenger seat,now need a set for driver.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2019 at 5:12pm

Are the bases the same for both sides? Just found a pair for the Passenger seat,now need a set for driver.

John,
Yes, they are the same for both the spotter and driver side.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
jterr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2019 at 10:36pm
Great I already have a set, so good to go on the seats. At place I was told that the motor cover I have in the 79 is actually from a 93; has one for a 79 I will trade for.
Might get the 79 back in the water before my 83
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-05-2019 at 3:21pm
If memory serves me I think the 93 box is smaller and gives you more room in the boat to walk around? The early box was exactly that, a large pretty much rectangular box.
I would set them side by side or do some comparisons before spending money to go back to original unless being original is your goal.
jterr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-05-2019 at 6:40pm
Well after examination of the "93" box it is a homemade one out of wood and foam .
Will have to get the original.

Also will be looking for the fiberglas base for drivers seat if anyone knows where one could be found. Set the one out of the 83 and fits .
jterr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-05-2019 at 6:47pm
Have upholstery question. Does anyone make replacements for the seats and stuff??
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-05-2019 at 7:19pm

Have upholstery question. Does anyone make replacements for the seats and stuff??

John,
Check with C&S to see if they have skins for your 79 They are a site sponsor. Their banner is at the upper left corner of every CCfan forum page.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-05-2019 at 7:20pm
Are we ever going to see some pictures of the project?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
jterr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-05-2019 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Are we ever going to see some pictures of the project?

I'll get some after storm and post.
jterr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-05-2019 at 8:57pm
Here you go----
jterr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-05-2019 at 9:00pm
Gonna make some get by repairs till after I finish the "83. We have been using boat, but the wood below seats has gotten really bad and as you can see aren't correct
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-05-2019 at 9:57pm

I was told that the motor cover I have in the 79 is actually from a 93; has one for a 79 I will trade for.

Well after examination of the "93" box it is a homemade one out of wood and foam .
Will have to get the original. .

John,
Check the "dog house" again. The picture you just posted it looks like yours may be the original. Here's a picture of a 79:

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
jterr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-05-2019 at 10:02pm
Yes that is the replacement one I trashed the other as it was junk...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-05-2019 at 10:09pm

Yes that is the replacement one I trashed the other as it was junk...

John,
Thanks for the explanation. I was having a hard time following even after reading your posts a couple times.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
jterr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2019 at 12:01pm
Here is a pic of my 79? I had back in the 80's. Why does it have a bar going across the rear deck and the 2 red things?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2019 at 12:40pm
John,
The bar is typically called a clearance bar. It's there so a ski rope won't get caught on anything on the aft deck like the lifting ring, vents or stern nav light base.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
jterr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2019 at 12:45pm

John,
The bar is typically called a clearance bar. It's there so a ski rope won't get caught on anything on the aft deck like the lifting ring, vents or stern nav light base.

Understand.
So is the pic showing a 79 as the 79 I have now looks like the pic posted earlier with blue interior...
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2019 at 12:56pm

John,

Understand.
So is the pic showing a 79 as the 79 I have now looks like the pic posted earlier with blue interior...

The boat in the picture with a clearance bar and a bunch of female company in it isn't a 79.

Looks a lot like a 76 or so
jterr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2019 at 1:00pm
Ken
You know you could be right. When I bought the boat it was redone as in the picture, new paint, newer graphics...
Been so loong ago and my memory ain't so good.
Thanks
JT
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2019 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by KENO KENO wrote:

Looks a lot like a 76 or so

Emphasis on the “or so”... looks like a 77 to me. 76 should have had a natural windshield. 78 got the molded aft deck vents. 79 got the molded front vent.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 6>
  Share Topic