Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Broken FCT Tower wanted

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
alalor1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alalor1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Broken FCT Tower wanted
    Posted: September-11-2006 at 5:18pm
Hello,
I am trying to recycle an old Flight Control Tower for my nautique.
I don't have all the pieces.
I need to buy an wrecked tower, the kind that has been crushed against a tree, boatlift or garage.
If anybody has one or knows of one, please let me know
thank you,
Al
1st. Law of Economics: For every economist, there's an equal and
opposite economist.
2nd. Law of Economics: They are both wrong

I'd rather be sailing ~~~_/)
               ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Darrel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darrel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2006 at 6:22pm
What parts do you need? What year FCT?
alalor1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alalor1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2006 at 7:48pm
Hello Darrel,
Thank you for your fast reply.
It is a 2002. I need to make the upper cage, so basically I need the four attachments that connect the upper cage of the tower to the lower legs. as far as I know, all those are the same from 2000 to 2005. The lenght and angle of the legs, the tower changed a little, in 2003 I can see an extra curve in the front legs, apparently to help the tower fold better
I can bend and straighten, I can weld. I can't machine these parts though.
Any help will be very welcome.
Sincerely,
Alejandro
opposite economist.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Darrel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darrel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2006 at 12:07pm
My boat is at home this weekend. I can take some pics for you. If i understand correctly, you are fab-ing the whole upper section? or just the attachments for the top to the bottom legs? I had to do the reverse when i did mine. I had the upper cage and had to fab the lower legs only. Let me know.
alalor1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alalor1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2006 at 12:36pm
Hello,
Yes, I have to fab the upper section. I have the legs, I have a friend's boat I can go see whenever I need. I don't feel comfortable fabbing the 4 connection spots though, the front hinges and the rear rounded parts with the threads inside. My tower is a 2002 tower.
Thank you. How did you do your hinges?
opposite economist.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Darrel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darrel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2006 at 1:33pm
The lower legs that came with my tower were for a super sport, too big for my ski naut. I cut off the front pivot piece and the rear connection point from the original legs. Then re-welded them into the smaller legs we bent to fit my boat. Sounds like almost the exact reverse job you want to do.
alalor1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alalor1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2006 at 3:09pm
yes,exact reverse, because they will go on my supersport. I hope I can find one soon
opposite economist.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Darrel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darrel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2006 at 4:39pm
Gonna be tough to find what you need, expensive too. I think it may be eaiser and much much cheaper to fab your own or have someone else recreate them for you. The guy that did mine said he does it all the time. If i remember correctly i paid him $150 to cut and bend from scratch both lower legs including welding in the attach points. Then because the powdercoater he reccomended was a day late delivering the finished product he helped me install. With his experience it was only about a 2 hour job to install .

You may want to contact New Dimension Towers or the company (i think in Florida) that makes the FCT for parts. At least a chance they will sell you what you need.
alalor1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alalor1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2006 at 6:03pm
I already contacted them, they would only sell the complete tower.
opposite economist.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic