Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need fuel Injectors for 97 GT-40

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
BobinIL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobinIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need fuel Injectors for 97 GT-40
    Posted: May-10-2019 at 12:37pm
I have been doing a search for a set of Fuel injectors for my 1997 Sport Nautique with a PCM Ford 351 GT-40. Would this be the correct ones?

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/fms-m-9593-lu24a/overview/

KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2019 at 2:53pm
The guy (manoseven) in the link says they worked for him

You'll have to look at the link in the second sentence of the first post to verify the same numbers

link
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2019 at 3:07pm
You might check the Ford Mustang forums, many of those guys upgrade injectors and will list brands and places to purchase them. There were millions of these systems in cars so the parts are actually common.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2019 at 3:18pm
Yep I agree with the good advise already given whether the first link, second link, etc - 24lb injectors are the ticket and the aftermarket ones are much cheaper than the factory ford automotives- certainly cheaper than any that would be provided under the guise of "marine" parts.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
BobinIL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobinIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2019 at 12:20pm
Here is a picture of the Injectors on my 97 GT40 Also can i remove the fuel rail and injectors without removing the intake? If I remove the intake casting will I need to replace the gaskets?

gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2019 at 12:30pm
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2019 at 12:31pm
BobinIL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobinIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2019 at 12:48pm
I bought a set of them here

https://www.fiveomotorsport.com/24lb-bosch-fuel-injector-0280150947-blue-top/

gt40KS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gt40KS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2019 at 5:18pm
Had mine rebuilt for about $15 each.   Got a set of Bosch 24 lb from the net first (don't remember where) first that didn't work so well. They fit, and were 24 lb. but had some sort of 'upgraded' nozzle that seemed to do funky things. So I rebuilt instead and they've been working great since.

As far as the R & R question, short answer is yes. You will have to remove the plenum to get the job done. There really isn't much room under either the throttle body nor the plenum to get the fuel rail up & out of the way enough to remove the injectors. And by the looks of those, you'll likely need all the room you can get to pry those puppies out of there. Mine were about the same condition and almost assuredly had never been removed and were a nightmare to get out of their ports. And also yes, I would definitely replace the gasket. Good news is the plenum and throttle body + electronics will come out as a single unit by only removing the 7 bolts for the plenum - pretty easy.
MAKE SURE you cover the exposed intake manifold ports after removing the plenum. Don't want to accidentally drop something in there!     
JCCI
1995 Ski Nautique GT40
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic