Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Automatic Bilge

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
94SNautique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 94SNautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Automatic Bilge
    Posted: May-20-2019 at 12:34pm
Good Morning! We recently purchased a '94 SN196 and I am just curious if my Bilge is wired correctly.
Should the Automatic Bilge switch be wired so that the Ignition button has to be engaged as well before it operates?
My thought is the auto bilge should work without the ignition fuse engaged so you could leave it running anytime the boat is in the water, even moored to shore when camping out.

Thanks,
Tony
'94 Ski Nautigue
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-20-2019 at 12:53pm
The “ignition” breaker at the dash isn’t really a breaker for ignition power- it’s the main 12v source at the dash from the battery (or alt when the boat is running). It does not fuse the 12v keyed ignition circuit.

So yes, it should be wired to that breaker. There is no need to turn that switch off- it’s there for protection, not on/off switching.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic