Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Water Pump Torque Specs?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
kbahus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbahus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Water Pump Torque Specs?
    Posted: May-20-2019 at 6:37pm
Does anyone have the torque specs for the circulation pump on a 87 PCM 351? I had a water leak and pulled the pump and back cover and want to get it torque properly. Usually I have pretty good luck finding specs via an internet search but nothing was turning up.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-20-2019 at 6:46pm
If you can't find the torque specific to the fastener, then do what I do and go by the SAE standards

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-20-2019 at 7:03pm
Click on the link and go to page 8-07 and you'll find the answer along with a bunch of other torque specs.

link

kbahus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kbahus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-20-2019 at 8:13pm
Perfect, thank you for the quick replies!
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-20-2019 at 10:22pm
Thanks Ken according to his link it’s 12 - 18 ‘ lbs good to know info.
I’ve always just used the ole German torque of good-n-tight and it’s never let me down.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic