Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Is my boat overwaight?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
79Tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is my boat overwaight?
    Posted: September-13-2006 at 12:26am
Can someone tell me if their is a easy way to tell if my boat has water in the foam? My 79 Ski Tique seems to sit a little low in the water. I am a new CC owner and the boat may be just fine but it seems a little heavy to me.
Work to live, not live to work.

75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2006 at 7:53am
If there is a friendly sand and gravel pit or a landfill nearby, they might let you use their scale. Design weight is in the Reference section, subtract your car and somehow track down the weight of your trailer.
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2006 at 8:08am
Hey 79', From all the pictures I've ever seen of Tiques in the water, everyone seems to be heavy. Mine is the same way.. Small hull, heavy motors ??, Performance is great, they just seem to all have foam issues or just float a little lower.. I don't know, it just an observation.. I don't think I have foam issues, but then again, I have many issues...
Moj'
79Tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2006 at 10:55am
Yeh, that's what I'm thinking. It sits level (left to right)and the deck on the back sits just at water level when parked and a little under water with a person standing on it.

Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2006 at 1:02pm
Is your hull below the water more than say 4 inches?
Tim D
79Tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2006 at 11:03pm
Yes, it sits about 6-7" in the water when parked.
This is a Ski Tique not a Nautique though. The water line is at about the lowar graphic line on the boat.

69 Mustang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69 Mustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2006 at 11:36pm
That is where my 78 Tique sits. New foam last year.
For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong.

"Where the **** are we?" Amelia Earhart. July 2, 1937
79Tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2006 at 2:00pm
Thanks 69Mustang, As I look at photos of other Tiques I think mine is normal. We love the boat. If you have had your Tique for a while do you have any mods to recomend for ski performance?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69 Mustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2006 at 7:01pm
Hi 79,

I've only had it for 2 months - haven't even skied behind it yet.

Based on this board, I have purchased (yet to install) an Acme 540. I was also lucky enough to get a complete spare RH 302 that needs to be rebuilt. Based on my machine shop post I think I'm going to build it as a 331 stroker.

Keep reading the board, the guys here are incredibly helpful and they can help solve just about any CC issue. The years of accumulated knowledge and the willingness of the members to share it is priceless.

boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2006 at 8:24pm
69 mustang, if you want to build that stroker,and you need some direction give me a holler, had a guy in houston build mine,and am still amazed each time we take her out.Cam research did the cam,and Steve @ Houston Performance built the bottom end and did all the balanceing,your flywheel is prob. 50 oz. and will have to be drilled and lightened to 28 oz. he does all that in house.the rest is just race car stuff.cam and lifters 300.00 ,he supplied the 1 piece block,crank,rods,pistons(.030) and all machine work( boring and clearance work) for 2500.00, the best deal i found and he did the work in 21 days... best performance money i have spent yet,.................boat dr       

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69 Mustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2006 at 12:52am
boat dr,

I will be in touch...

79Tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2006 at 12:48am
Hey 69 let me know how the Acme 540 fits and performs on your Tigue. I have the stock prop and I'm looking to pull a skier up a little faster and was wondering if a Ski Tique has enough clearance for that prop.

We skied behind out Tique three days a week from mid August until last week when it got cold. The boat performs very well. Lots of power and nice wake. Some one has made a comment to me on how cla$$ic the boat is every time I've had it out. We don't have many old CC boats in Oregon so they catch the eye.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic