NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

FIRST POST

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2019 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by Jonny Quest Jonny Quest wrote:

Originally posted by Oldskidude Oldskidude wrote:

If anyone reads this that has a Quick Fuel 650 CFM and has rejetted it I would appreciate knowing what size jets you installed. In the meantime, we will increase the fuel to the idle circuit to see what happens. Thanks again guys.

I have a QF M-650 on my 1994. Most of my boating happens at 4,400 to 6,000 feet of elevation, so I re-jetted the carb as shown below:

QuickFuel M-650 Carburetor - Stock settings
Primary Main Jet 71 / Secondary Jet 78
I dropped the primary and secondary jets by 2 sizes for altitude. I may drop both the primary and secondary another 1 jet size as the plugs are still reading a bit rich.

Also, the idle circuit was a bit too rich. To achieve the highest vacuum, all 4 idle mixture screws were leaned-out almost 1/2 turn.

JQ

And from all that he should be able to say that the stock jetting in the 650 shouild be just fine unless there's a big tall mountain in the vicinity of Westerville OH elevation around 1000 ft

Most people here on CCF with a 600 or 650 Quick Fuel bolt it on and go. Maybe tweak the idle a little

Oldskidude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldskidude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2019 at 5:53pm
HA HA, no mountains in Westerville. It would have helped if I had my thinking cap on, apples to oranges comparison from boat to race car. The boat was ran with ethanol free gas. Original jetting from Quick Fuel was 71 and 78. We changed those sizes to 73 and 80. We have a plug reading light and he saw a fuel ring in most of the plugs with number eight the leanest. We ran the boat about three hours, idling, skiing and a couple of speed runs. I just expected the plugs to have some more color, the last thing I want to do is burn it up. We will probably leave it as is for the next outing, if it's a little rich, so be it.

Pictures again. Click the tree with an arrow. Choose file. Click image. Open. Wait how long???
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2019 at 6:05pm
I looked for Mt Westerville on the map but couldn't find it

After you click OPEN a new box shows up, you can click OK or Cancel.

You click OK and it'll say it's downloading. Then it's all up to the speed of your internet connection, you'll see the percentage in the lower left of the box that's on the screen.

At 100% it's done loading.

Then click on Preview on the reply screen at the bottom and you'll see your post wording and picture to know it worked.

Then if you're happy click Post Reply

Sounds like a plan on leaving it rich for a while

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldskidude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2019 at 6:10pm
I'm not getting the box with OK or Cancel. GRRRRR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldskidude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2019 at 6:19pm

The boat. My son double skiing with his son. New wiring under dash. Race car engine.
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2019 at 6:21pm
Whatever you did for the pictures................good job

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldskidude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2019 at 6:38pm
Thanks. I wasn't enlarging the choose file box so I didn't see the OK. It's a bitch to get old, try not to do it!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic