Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 97 Sport loses fuel pressure after running a while
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

97 Sport loses fuel pressure after running a while

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
BobinIL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobinIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 97 Sport loses fuel pressure after running a while
    Posted: July-05-2019 at 11:22am
I am pretty sure I have another fuel issue. I have been out twice with my 97 sport GT40 after the fuel injector issue. to recap It was loading up at idle so I have replaced the high and low fuel pump, all 8 fuel injectors, the fuel pressure regulator the plugs, wires, dist cap and rotor. drained the old gas and refilled it with fresh gas. now I run it for about an hour of wakeboarding and it cuts out at higher speeds. drop back down to idle and it will run fine. I put the fuel pressure gauge on it today and we boarded until it started acting up and saw the fuel pressure drop to 10-15 psi let it idle and the pressure comes back up to normal and it idles fine. take off and in about a minute is starts cutting out again and looses pressure. here is what I think is going on.

could be some debris in the fuel tank plugging up the fuel screen in the tank
could be the low pressure pump I just put on is bad.
could be a plugged fuel filter in the fuel cell.

any ideas on how to clean out the inside of the fuel tank??

any other help would be greatly appreciated.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-05-2019 at 11:31am
Check and clean your anti syphon valve located on the tank outlet. It’s where the hose connects to the tank.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
tryathlete View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-05-2019 at 4:51pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Check and clean your anti syphon valve located on the tank outlet. It’s where the hose connects to the tank.

I’m betting your anti siphon valve is stuck or sticking. Mine was a mess but I was able to clean it and it worked after solvent soaking overnight.
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2019 at 8:41am
It must be time to update this and say that your anti siphon valve was the issue and say "Thanks Gary"
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2019 at 4:14pm
Ken
Here's your answer, I guess he didn't like Gary's advice so he had to get the same advice else where.
https://www.planetnautique.com/vb5/forum/nautique-topics/maintenance-technical-discussion/587386-97-sport-nautique-looses-power-after-an-hour-of-use
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2019 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by gun-driver gun-driver wrote:

Ken
Here's your answer, I guess he didn't like Gary's advice so he had to get the same advice else where.
https://www.planetnautique.com/vb5/forum/nautique-topics/maintenance-technical-discussion/587386-97-sport-nautique-looses-power-after-an-hour-of-use

That's why I wrote what I wrote after seeing his post on PN yesterday

You post in 2 places, you'd think you could do 2 updates especially since he originally said it was the anti siphon valve in the PN post before his edit. The edit was a picture of the screen. I guess he figured out what was the valve and what was the screen.
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2019 at 4:24pm
Pi$$es me off when you help people and they don't post back so others can learn and not have to ask the same question, let alone not even a thanks.
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2019 at 4:51pm
I just shrug it off and add him to "the list"
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2019 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by KENO KENO wrote:

I just shrug it off and add him to "the list"

Problem solved. Dirty screen in anti siphon valve at fuel line by the gas tank.
BobinIL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobinIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2019 at 11:24am
Wow! we have a touchy group here. My notifications from this forum were going to my spam folder while I was getting the PN notifications. I pulled the anti siphon valve and it was fine, that is when I pulled the fuel pickup tube out of the tank and found the crud in the screen at the bottom of the pickup tube in my pictures.I will try to be more prompt in my responses in the future.
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2019 at 11:51am
I'd just call it a group who actually thinks about the next guy that might have the same issue and a little closure on the thread helps with that.

By the way, how's your fuel gauge?

It seems like your throttle body gasket question thread wasn't updated till somebody asked for an update also.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2019 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by BobinIL BobinIL wrote:

Wow! we have a touchy group here. My notifications from this forum were going to my spam folder while I was getting the PN notifications. I pulled the anti siphon valve and it was fine, that is when I pulled the fuel pickup tube out of the tank and found the crud in the screen at the bottom of the pickup tube in my pictures.I will try to be more prompt in my responses in the future.

Nah. We love closure.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2019 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by BobinIL BobinIL wrote:

My notifications from this forum were going to my spam folder .

I suggest taking a look at your settings so your computer doesn't think CCfan is just spam!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic