Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

GT-40 PCM Running RIch, sometimes

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
workky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote workky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2019 at 12:01am
I will add yesterday it would only pull 4400 rpm and it skipped like crap. today it pulled 5000 and ran like a champ. Of course I know the engine should not run this fast, it's just the prop.

It runs fantastic under power and it idles great, just that stupid smoke
tryathlete View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2019 at 3:26am
I can’t wait to hear how it runs after you swap in those new injectors.
workky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote workky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-14-2019 at 11:39pm
I hope it runs fine. My concern is I just dont see how one cylinder could be causing that much smoke.

I'm testing the injectors tomorrow for leaks or dripping. I'm also testing the water temp unit that goes to the computer. Number 6 cylinder had a bad wire and fouled plug.

This engine has always laughed at me when I've tried to figure out issues with it. I don't understand the GT40 engine, wish I had a LS engine in it. Nothing is ever easy with this boat
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic