Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fuel pump question

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Mille1sj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mille1sj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fuel pump question
    Posted: July-16-2019 at 10:57pm
If you come across a used original pump, you can always have it rebuilt too. I personally think the older ones are a better quality pump.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2019 at 6:06pm
A few months ago (possibly longer) there was a rash of bad pumps. Might be best to buy one from a known source like JQ referred to above. Something like Amazon or ebay might have got a great deal on those pumps and are now selling them off.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2019 at 4:11pm
Or somebody here on CCF might be able to help

There is no spacer, just the gasket and 2 bolts to hold the pump on.

I'd peek inside the hole when the block off plate is off and make sure somebody left the eccentric that drives the pump in place .

Since you're new to boating, make sure you get a marine fuel pump for the engine.
Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2019 at 3:52pm
See link below for www.skidim.com

LINK

Give Vince a call and he can answer most questions you may have. (Just trying to send a little love to the good folks at skidim.com)

JQ
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
Michigan1982nautique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michigan1982nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2019 at 3:40pm
I'm new to the forum and boating in general. I'm a certified mechanic, so I might know a thing or two... The boat I purchased has the mechanical fuel pump eliminated and has a small run of the mill electric pump in the bilge. I'm going to eliminate that and go back to mechanical. It's a PCM 351 engine. My question is this; is there a fuel pump spacer required on these or not? I can't find good info elsewhere, and whoever put the electric pump in just installed the block off plate without any spacer... Thanks in advanve
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic