Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ignition Switch?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
winniskier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote winniskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ignition Switch?
    Posted: July-17-2019 at 8:36am
After my boat sits for a few days, it does not crank on the first try. When the key is turned to start, no clicking or other starter sounds,,just silence while I mutter. On the second try, it starts right up. Early in the season, this would repeat intermittently after I turned off the engine while the skier climbed on board. Recently, it happens only at first start up. I fixed this years ago by replacing the switch. Just curious whether there may be cause other than a bad switch or lose wire.
Jim
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2019 at 8:52am
Jim,
I feel you'll need to do some testing to determine where the problem is. The place to start is the start relay (solenoid) by seeing if you are getting the nominal 12 volts at the small S terminal. The problem could be the ignition switch, the NSS (neutral safety switch) or even the relay itself. From you description, I susspect the NSS and that could just be from a cable needing adjustment.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic