NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Something's burning

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
TRIP View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRIP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2019 at 5:49pm
How do you kn... Nevermind!

Going to check tomorrow, and impeller change was already planned. Hope that's it.
Cheers!
flyweed View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2019 at 5:43pm
feel the back of your raw water pump when running..if it's hot.....and you can't touch it..your Impeller is making the stink. Don't ask how I know.
'93 Ski Nautique NWZ, Air Boom Tower
Drink Tonight..for tomorrow We Ride!
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2019 at 3:07pm
Is your belt slipping causing the burning smell? Look at your pulley's, if they are shined up looking like chrome finish where the belt runs you have a slipping belt. The pulley will also be hot to the touch while running if it is slipping.
They usually start to squeal but not until the belt glazes over and get hard from slipping.
TRIP View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRIP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2019 at 2:02pm
Hola, already mentioned this in
another thread of mine , but figured this deserves its own thread.

I just changed the distributor, and belts, boat has been running fine. However, since changing those, there's always a smell of something burning, perhaps rubber. Can't find exactly what or where but it's somewhere near the distributor, near the belts, waterpump side. If my nose is right, at least ;)

I think that timing might be a little bit off; from what I read here it should be 5 degrees before TDC and the mechanic said he'd put it at 0 degrees.
Could timing being off a bit cause anything to heat up excessively..?

A friend suggested it could be the big (exhaust?) hose, from manifold to damper...
Since it started right when the distributor was changed I figured it had something to do with that, but perhaps just a coincidence and it is something else?
If that big hose, would that possibly the impeller going out? Was about to change that anyway, but what else to check?

Thanks!

Edit: engine temp stays fine.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic