Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New guy

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
RealDeez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RealDeez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New guy
    Posted: August-06-2019 at 9:08pm
Hello. I'm new. Been lurking a while but finally signed up and have been activated by the admin (Thanks, Keith).

Recently, my family became owners of a 1993 Sport Nautique. 1400 and some hours and still purring and pulling strong. I don't have a decent pic to put up yet. It lives in northern Indiana on Lake James. I'm in Michigan so haven't had as much time to get acquainted with it as I'd like but love it so far.

I'm pretty much in charge of it for the family so I'll probably be picking brains here as issues come up. I've already had some adventures in maintenance which I'll post later if I have the courage to own up to the embarrassing parts.

Seems like a great community here so looking forward to participating some.
baitkiller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baitkiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2019 at 9:35pm
Buckle up Buttercup

and welcome.
Jesus was a bare-footer.............
GHTILL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GHTILL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2019 at 9:37pm
Welcome to the site! I'm kinda new as well. Everyone has been very helpful in all my endeavors in rehabbing my '93 SN. Don't be afraid to post questions, even if they seem simple. The guys that have been with the group will be more than happy to share their knowledge about our boats. One members quote is 'Theirs nothing more fun than messing around with boats" and i will agree (so long as it's a correct craft).
TWSS
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2019 at 9:51pm
Dan,
Welcome

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2019 at 10:27pm
Welcome Dan. Love that Sport hull, awesome boat, looking forward to pictures.
RealDeez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RealDeez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2019 at 10:46pm
This is the only pic I have right now. There was a pretty good set on the craigslist ad but it is long since removed...
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2019 at 10:50pm
welcome...

Lake James....vacation there as a kid (long ago)....Pokagon State Park....

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Fabcon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fabcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2019 at 6:15am
Welcome, If you have any questions this is a great site to be on.
1976 Ski Nautique
1984 Barefoot Nautique (For Sale)
91NaughtyQ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 91NaughtyQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2019 at 7:57am
Welcome - Best minds for CC related stuff anywhere in the world - If you have an issue someone (Usually the same few experts you will quickly figure out who they are) has the answer you are looking for. With the help of these fine folks I have done things I never thought I could do on my boat.

Gary
'91 Correctcraft Ski Nautique
RealDeez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RealDeez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2019 at 12:40am
I found the pictures from the ad that was online...
Lake James, IN
93 Sport Nautique
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2019 at 9:43am
Looks like you found a very nicely cared for 1993! Love the purple.
robertbruder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robertbruder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2019 at 11:32am
Welcome Dan. Good looking boat.
I am also in Indiana (Geist) and occasionally go to Wawassee/Syracuse/Lake Hamilton areas.
Current: 1988 Sierra Supreme
Past: 1986 Correct Craft Martinique, 1984 Ski Supreme, 1984 Bare Foot Nautique
Duane in Indy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duane in Indy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2019 at 11:49am
Ah, couple more Hoosiers!   Welcome aboard.    Duane down in Brown County
Had a Mini Reunion on Lake James last year. Great time
Keep it as original as YOU want it
        1978 Mustang (modified)
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2019 at 12:32pm
Welcome Dan! Very nice classic Sport. Where are you in MI?

Did somebody say Hoosier? Noblesville/Fishers guy here. Grew up boating on Geist and Morse. Love staying at Potawatomi when I can. Beautiful park, and lakes. Really starting to get in to the western MI scene. Stayed in Kzoo two nights this week, and toured around the countryside.    

RealDeez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RealDeez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2019 at 12:48pm
As it turns out, I live in Michigan (Grand Rapids) but my family (extended) has had a place for almost 100 years (now a couple places... we're taking over) on Lake James.

So I get down when I can but this summer had not been great time wise.

Our place is within sight of the main beach/ hotel at Pokagon as well as squatter's/urine/put-in bay (the sandbar by the inn has many names).

Next year the boat should have the docking situation more permanent and we won't have to drop it in and pull it back out to use it for a weekend.

I wondered, since there are a lot of Nautiques on the lake if there were reunions there... I could probably make it down for one with enough warning. My cousins/ neighbors have a 1990 Sport Nautique and I can see many classics and quite a few new ones about on any given weekend...

Lake James, IN
93 Sport Nautique
RealDeez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RealDeez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2019 at 12:51pm
We were pretty surprised as a side note at the well preserved condition of this boat. Hopefully we can keep it up...
Lake James, IN
93 Sport Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic