Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Replace speedometers?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Netdewt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Netdewt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Replace speedometers?
    Posted: September-02-2019 at 12:03am
I have a 1989 2001, which has Airguides. They are full of bugs, the lenses are cracked, and only one works semi reliably. They are accurate when they work, which is maybe 70% of the time.

What options are there for replacing them? Still love this boat and want to keep up with repair/rehab.

I see this guy which looks OK in all black. Probably wouldn’t need 2 of them. Not sure what I would do with the other speedo spot.

http://www.livorsi.com/catalog/gps_ski.html
1989 Ski Nautique 2001, 880 hours
Cam05210 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cam05210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2019 at 11:43am
Would love to find some OEM's as well....I have one that's perfect and one with minor spider cracking in the lens...they both work perfectly, but I'm getting ready to do a full recon on it and would be nice to have new ones. Please post if you find anything...
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2019 at 8:08am
I put these in my '89 2001:

Faria Euro Black GPS Speedometer

Very very happy with them. Not original, I know, but period correct to me, and, they look the part in the boat:

They work flawlessly. And with little effort, the dash can be brought back to original (as with all my other customizations), since my original Airguides are nicely kept in bubble wrap in a safe place and my wife has been warned not to touch them

I looked for a second hand working Airguide (one of mine leaks water due to the bellow in it. Fixed it and it held for five years, but now broken again), but the prices for them are way up there
Also, the nice conversion from Nautic Laugic comes at 375$ for the pair: Airguide GPS conversion
With the Faria's from Defender.com I have two speedometers with internal GPS for 160 bucks…

PS: for the more observant among us, the 1 MPH difference is gone now. This pic was taken on my first test run with them. They show the same speed now.

- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2019 at 8:32am
Originally posted by Cam05210 Cam05210 wrote:

Would love to find some OEM's as well....I have one that's perfect and one with minor spider cracking in the lens...they both work perfectly, but I'm getting ready to do a full recon on it and would be nice to have new ones. Please post if you find anything...

Lenses and parts can be found here: Classic Boat Works

- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic