NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Morse shifter question

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
MourningWood View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MourningWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Morse shifter question
    Posted: September-16-2019 at 4:40pm
What's happening is the rpm's increase as the shifter engages either f or r gear. I've fiddled with cable adjustments with some success, but not right yet.
I admit to having just rebuilt the shifter assembly (as I've done many times before), but have this question:

Is it correct that (without the neutral button pulled) that both the shift and throttle shafts rotate together while engaging a gear?

I took a short video, but it won't post.
1994 Ski Nautique "Riot"
1964 Dunphy X-55 "One 'N Dun"

'I measured twice, cut three times, and it's still too short!"
GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2019 at 4:57pm
I suspect one had to adjust the throttle cable so the spring on its holder compresses a decent amount at idle, this way there is an arc about neutral where the throttle cable wont pull cable until the trans cable has fully actuated.
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic