NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Old manuals & "parts guys"

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Old manuals & "parts guys"
    Posted: September-19-2006 at 11:41am
I was just talking with Woody( he knows the oldies! ) at SE Correct Craft and was wondering what "us guys " with old boats are going to do when these guys retire?

According to him, service and parts manuals are no longer available and dealers are getting harder to find in my area.. the nearest one is over two hours away.

Does anyone know of any manuals around for the old 60s CC's? At least a guy might be able to cross reference parts? What happens to all the books when a dealer closes?

Help! We need to start a 60s (and 70s?) manual library !!!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2006 at 11:46am
We can keep Woody on retainer for CorrectCraftFan.com. We'll have a direct phone line run to Woody's residence for any Correct Craft questions!

Seriously, good question!

Ken
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2006 at 12:29pm
There is someone selling some service manuals...I bought a 312 marine y block manual...great stuff. I will look at the manual...his contact info is there.
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2006 at 1:09pm
That's why I keep up with parts that fit my Mustang. A pilot bearing for a clutch on a car fits in the front of my old sherwood pump.
Tim D
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2006 at 1:37pm
Tim , That is a good idea, I do keep a log of parts Ive used in my boat.

But, like this morning when I was talking with Woody, there were a couple different strut numbers he mentioned for my generation of boats.It would be nice to have cross references for what years/hulls would work for a given strut, or for that matter,almost any part.

Im worried that some day when all the "Woodys" retire , will most of the young parts guys even know (or care) what a Mustang , American Skier, Barricuda, etc, even is?   Yet alone what parts will work?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2006 at 3:55pm
MarineEngine.com has some...thats where I got the 312 manual.

Total agree with TimD....I have been doing the same!
stang

The Super Air

67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2006 at 4:24pm
Stang,

I want copies of that book when you come down to my neck of the woods    Please please please.....

Hey stang i'm pulling out the old 312 this weekend to install a new rear main..AAAANNNNDDDD shute while i've got it out what the hell i think i'll just balance & port match the intake and heads.... Yea thats the ticket!
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2006 at 5:42pm
Paul...will do on the copy(manual)..I made a copy for another guy..so no problemo!

Man...I will be pullin the SN's engine too...as soon as I winterize...need to replace the rear seal! Gonna add an edelbrock intake and GT40 heads too!Rock and roll my friend!!!
stang

The Super Air

ultrarunner View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2006 at 8:05pm
I have all the original factory Ford Commander engine manuals, as well as a parts book, service manual, etc....

Sometime this winter I'll get then converted to electronic format and stick them on a website if there is an interest.
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2006 at 8:10pm
I"m sure Keith would love to add more PDF's to the reference section, Hell just loan them to him for a coule of weeks and I bet He would mind scanning and adding them for everyone to use.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2006 at 8:19pm
Keith, are you here? I'd be happy to box all these up for you and you can scan till you drop and get them back to me at your convenience.

Does that work for you?
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2006 at 9:23pm
I would be happy to provide the 312 manual!
stang

The Super Air

The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2006 at 12:41am
I like Ken's idea. Retain Woody on a CCfan retainer for you guys. I bet he'd check the board once a day for a small amount of money. If he won't, let's all go there and duck tape him to a tree.

Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2006 at 12:59am
Ultra, That would be cool! I dont know how to do it, but I see cd's on ebay all the time with manuals burnt on them.. it looks like a good way to preserve and distibute them?

btw, Dude, I'll bring my roll!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2006 at 11:49am
I've got a Chrysler 318 manual for a '65..
There may be some sort of copyright issues with "sharing" these online. I would hate to see this site Napster-d.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2006 at 12:29pm
wasn't napster charging to get access to the downloads, or it wasn't totally free you had to pay a fee to join then it was free? I know they charge now, but if your not making money off of it and give proper credit for the source I don't thing it would be an issue. Hell the tranny manual I got from ski dim was a photo copy.
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2006 at 8:11am
79- Now that you mention it, my 318 manual is a photo copy on 3-hole punched paper- hahaha
There are some manuals already posted to the ref sections, so I a$$ume this concern has already been investigated
-Brad
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2006 at 9:18am
The only issue is if you try to claim it as you are the source or creator of the document and it's a copy, but if you list what the source is then your covered.
Poster112 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poster112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2006 at 6:08pm
Mark, I am really interested in the Commander manuals and parts lists. I'll gladly scan them, send them to Keith, and return them promtly, if you do not here from Keith. Let me know. I'm serious.

Tim, great idea. PO of my SN did the same thing and gave it to me. It was an excellent touch that helped seal the deal.
I'd rather have a bottle-in-front-of-me than a frontal-lobotomy.

1985 Ski

1984 SW
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2006 at 6:30pm
Poster, here is what I have:

1. Ford Power Products Service Manual CSG-850 (302)/WSG-858 (351). Industrial and Marine Engines.

2. Ford Marine Power Procucts Parts List. 302-351.

3. M&W Gear Marine Division: Water Cooled Marine Turbocharger Kits.

4. Commander Marine/Nicson Engineering Parts and Accessory Book.

5. Jabsco Pumps Product Data Sheet.

6. Borg Warner Velve Drive Marine Transmission Service Manual. Models 70C & 71C

7. Mores Controls, Marine Engine Controls, Steering Systems and Accessories Book.

8. Commander Marine OEM Dealer Price List (effective 1979)!

This is a fair amount of scanning. I haven't heard from Keith. I'll see if he chimes in and we'll go from there.

thanks
Poster112 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poster112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2006 at 4:40pm
Yeah. That's a bit more than I thought. We'll see if Keith jumps in.
Thanks.
Chris
I'd rather have a bottle-in-front-of-me than a frontal-lobotomy.

1985 Ski

1984 SW
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2006 at 12:10am
Hey Guys,
Sorry for the late response. I would definetly love to have all this stuff on the site. However, that's a lot of scanning. If anyone else was willing to a$$ist, that would be great. I already have a stack of old brochures that still need to be scanned and added to the site, along with an old Crusader Conqueror Owner's Manual and some other stuff.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
69 Mustang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69 Mustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2006 at 12:44am
Keith,

I am an editor for a publishing company and we scan entire catalogs that we then index and convert to XHTML on a daily basis.

I would be more than happy to donate time and effort to scan these items for the benefit of the group. From where I sit, it is the least that I can do, given how much I have learned from everyone.

My email is mwalsh@hanleywood.com

Mike
For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong.

"Where the **** are we?" Amelia Earhart. July 2, 1937
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2006 at 1:13am
You're a good man Mike. It's really great to be able to flip back through these old brochures, manuals, etc. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic