Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1995 Pro boss / Pro tec

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
Author
beretta5spd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beretta5spd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2019 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

That's a nice looking boat looks to be well cared for. As to GT parts they are out there and do come up from time to time. There was recently a set up on Seattle craigslist for pocket change - in under a day it was gone. Another place to keep an eye out is fishtheclassic a Shamrock web forum. This summer someone had the parts for one as well and that's where I found a complete engine. Put something up on the wanted section of these sites who knows? One thing for sure they turn up when your not needing them.....

Thanks for the heads up :)
1996,1997 Sport Nautique 1986,1992 Ski Nautique - Sold
1995 Sport Nautique - Current

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beretta5spd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2019 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by KENO KENO wrote:

Figured I'd mention the stains, probably worth a good look.

I figure you'll be finding fuel pumps and fuel lines etc to go with everything else.

So many things to find and change, I'm sure there's more.

Good lookin' boat by the way.

Thanks!

yes there's so many plans.... one step at a time
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2019 at 1:20pm
That's a nice looking boat looks to be well cared for. As to GT parts they are out there and do come up from time to time. There was recently a set up on Seattle craigslist for pocket change - in under a day it was gone. Another place to keep an eye out is fishtheclassic a Shamrock web forum. This summer someone had the parts for one as well and that's where I found a complete engine. Put something up on the wanted section of these sites who knows? One thing for sure they turn up when your not needing them.....
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2019 at 12:36pm
Figured I'd mention the stains, probably worth a good look.

I figure you'll be finding fuel pumps and fuel lines etc to go with everything else.

So many things to find and change, I'm sure there's more.

Good lookin' boat by the way.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beretta5spd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2019 at 11:00am
Hmmm... I was under the impression that the stains would have come from the exhaust risers. I know for sure the other side has a leaking riser. Seeing that the rust is uniform across the center of the head... I'm hoping that's the case.

I think I know where there's a dizzy/coil/harness setup I can have at a fairly reasonable price to team up with the GT-40 intake setup eventually.

Those decals are coming off hahahaha.

KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2019 at 8:28am
Originally posted by beretta5spd beretta5spd wrote:

IMG_1429 by Dwight Kinley, on Flickr

The Engine looks pretty clean so it really makes the rust stains stand out near the spark plugs    

And the cover over the battery cable connection on the starter is pretty discolored like there's been rusty water dripping on it.

It looks like you have GT40 heads and they've been known to crack externally and leak like that.

It's probably worth a close look

If you're looking for all that other GT40 stuff, add a distributor to your list too

I won't comment on how Sport is spelled

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beretta5spd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2019 at 12:50am
because everyone loves pics ;)

I'll be keeping my eyes out for entire GT-40 take off intake setups. Intake, harness, computer.

Hopefully the pics work:

IMG_1427 by Dwight Kinley, on Flickr

IMG_1426 by Dwight Kinley, on Flickr

IMG_1431 by Dwight Kinley, on Flickr

IMG_1429 by Dwight Kinley, on Flickr
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-07-2019 at 8:02pm
The Serial number on the back of the boat will tell the build date and we will at least know that for sure.   It may be a 94 sold in 95 or as you suggest a carry over engine purchase.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-07-2019 at 5:34pm
Don’t want to put words in Tims mouth but what he is saying is that the GT40 was an engine upgrade. It seems most boats had them but other engines could be had. Maybe someone thought I don’t want one of those fancy multi port engines I would rather have a tried and true Pro Tec’s and maybe save a few bucks too.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-07-2019 at 4:55pm
My 95 Pro Boss is the Port Fuel Injected version, first released in 1995. Our boat is a May of 1995 build. No idea when it was first used.
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-07-2019 at 3:18pm

Like I said
Originally posted by KENO KENO wrote:

Maybe I'm confused
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-07-2019 at 2:54pm
No, Protec used in carb and TBI form through at least ‘95.
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-07-2019 at 2:40pm
I always thought the ProTec setup disappeared after 94 and the GT40 came along in 95.

If that's the case you either would have a 94 model year boat with ProTec or a 95 with a GT40

Maybe I'm confused
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-07-2019 at 2:34pm
Good Luck, and as always, if you want respect on here you have to supply Pictures!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beretta5spd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-07-2019 at 1:36pm
Thanks for the advice.

I put a deposit on it yesterday. :)

I can't wait to get out and enjoy it.... next year hahaha.

I had someone view it for me and says its the best condition boat of that vintage I'm going to find. I get to pick it up next weekend.
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2019 at 7:59pm
Buy It. At 200 hours it is like new in most areas.
It will need some normal maintenance as all old boats do but should last you a long time.
The Pro Tec may out last you or fail this year but how often do you find a boat with 200 hours that is 24 years old.
I bought mine with 99 hours in 2014, had to go through the whole boat to get it ship shape.
A couple sensors were not working right, the hydraulic rams that hold up the passenger seat, engine cover and the dash glovebox lid were all not working but easy to repace with new ones.. The rubber flapper on the exhaust was rotted out not from use but just from age and this boat sat in a garage for 20 years..   Changed all oils, Engine and Tranny. New rope seals in the rudder and prop shaft and a few trips to the lake to sort out other stuff and the boat treats me like a brand new boat.   Mine also needed a new prop shaft and strut was bent from the previous owner hitting something. About $1,500 later it was in great shape again.   
Even if the Pro Tech fails it is not that expensive to switch back to a Distributor and Carburetor. I would buy it if it fits your needs.   Engine work is easy, fixing seats and a lousy exterior is hard to me.
Good Luck
Mark

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beretta5spd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2019 at 6:56pm
Hey guys...
I'm looking at a 1995 Sport Nautique with a Pro boss / Pro tec setup on it.

The boat has SUPER low hours (200ish) and I only put on around 40 hours per year.

Do we have any data on how long these Pro tec systems work before they need to be retrofitted to carb/dizzy?

If they aren't typically causing issues until 500+ hours then it's a no brainer to buy the boat in question.

Thanks for any help in advance
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
  Share Topic