NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1995 Pro boss / Pro tec

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
Author
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2020 at 7:23pm
Beretta, nice boat. I have no idea about most of this stuff you're talking about but my boat is a whole lot like yours. No issues w protec ignition so far. Not fuel injected. Good luck
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
rosconole View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosconole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2020 at 7:27pm
Get rid of the pro tec, you'll kill yourself trying to fix that tbi on top of the protec.
1989 ski nautique ,1991 barefoot nautique, 1993 Mustang Cobra 1998 5.0 Magazine shootout invitee
beretta5spd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beretta5spd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-26-2020 at 11:38am
Originally posted by The Dude The Dude wrote:

Beretta, nice boat. I have no idea about most of this stuff you're talking about but my boat is a whole lot like yours. No issues w protec ignition so far. Not fuel injected. Good luck

Our boats are twins! Nice
1996,1997 Sport Nautique 1986,1992 Ski Nautique - Sold
1995 Sport Nautique - Current

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beretta5spd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-26-2020 at 11:39am
Originally posted by rosconole rosconole wrote:

Get rid of the pro tec, you'll kill yourself trying to fix that tbi on top of the protec.

I'm just glad that there's a retrofit (DUI system) that's a very straightforward install. Will probably complete that at some point.
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-26-2020 at 5:50pm
ya, twins. I'm very curious. It looks like your port side has black between the purple and teal accent stripes, but your starboard side doesn't (like mine). I'm also curious about the ski nautique graphic on a sport.
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beretta5spd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-26-2020 at 6:00pm
Originally posted by The Dude The Dude wrote:

ya, twins. I'm very curious. It looks like your port side has black between the purple and teal accent stripes, but your starboard side doesn't (like mine). I'm also curious about the ski nautique graphic on a sport.

yeah the black is a vinyl roll that was put on there. I haven't decided whether I remove it or not.

The ski nautique is the ultimate facepalm. I have no idea where it came from... but I'd like to remove it completely. makes no sense. I mean... I'm going to primarily ski behind it. but it would be better without than with I think.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beretta5spd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-01-2020 at 1:05am
Well crew here's the status of the Sport Nautique......

IT RUNS AMAZING.

First and foremost.

HUGE THANKS TO ROB AKA JOHNNY QUEST

He took multiple phone calls with questions about swapping the Pro Boss TBI over to the Quick Fuel m600 carb. We had virtually the same problems arise from our separate installs so he easily walked me through a stuck secondary float issue hahaha.

She actually looks better with this tower than the old boat did.... had to widen it roughly 7 inches.

IMG_2786 by Dwight Kinley, on Flickr

Untitled by Dwight Kinley, on Flickr

Photos of the quick fuel:

IMG_2732 by Dwight Kinley, on Flickr

IMG_2760 by Dwight Kinley, on Flickr

Youtube of it firing up. This thing runs so good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ia6SJ4JoHJo

Parts used:
Quick fuel m600 carb
Carter M60389 pump
Sierra 18-8115 fuel line (pump to carb)
A couple fittings to attach the fuel lines to the carter.
In line fuel filter.

The best part about this setup IMO:

It idled so good after a 30 second hi idle at startup. Settles in at about 750 rpm. When I engage the trans... ZERO rpm drop. When you hammer the throttle... BAM no hesitation. I'm so impressed with this unit... Thanks to everyone who said to ditch the TBI and quit trying to find an injector.

Bring on summer 2020!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beretta5spd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-01-2020 at 7:18pm
Has anyone ran perfect pass with their quick fuel carb?

In the second to last photo... you can see that it looks like the fuel line would be in the way for the PP servo cable.

Anyone have recommendations for adjustment if I were to run PP?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beretta5spd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2020 at 1:21pm
Hey guys here's a question for you.

I only got to run the boat last year with a NFG injector and couldn't hit over 4400 (unless that was standard rev limiter for 1995 Pro Boss TBI.

After the carb conversion... I tested to see how high the rpm would go. I hit 5100 rpm and it was still climbing. Did the rpm limit come from the EFI system before? I always thought that rev limit came from ignition.

Thanks for the help
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2020 at 1:59pm
What makes you so sure there’s a rev limiter at all? I wouldn’t expect one on the Protec stuff. I don’t believe the GT40 had one either.

Let it spin.
Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2020 at 2:44pm
High RPM limit is based on the prop that you have. What are the specs for your wheel?
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beretta5spd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2020 at 3:13pm
Thanks for the quick answers guys!

It was just my assumption that there was a rev limiter. Every EFI vehicle I've driven had one.

I gotta check the prop... I believe I was running maybe 44/45 mph at 5000 rpm.

New carb works great so far thanks to all the help I've got from JQ!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2020 at 11:12pm
Glad to help out!

JQ
Current

Previous

Aqua skiing, ergo sum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beretta5spd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-19-2020 at 1:44pm
Prop looks like to be stock 3 blade OJ 14 x 16 cupped.

Also have a spare Acme 1579 that came with the boat.
(4 blade 13.5 x 14.25)

Any recommendations as to which one would be better in the slalom course?

I actually don't mind the idea of running out of RPM in the low/mid 40mph range.
We ski at 34 and top speed isn't a priority.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beretta5spd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-19-2020 at 4:08pm
OMG I just realized that the guy who sold me the boat had a wrong prop as a spare.

Wow.

I need to get the 1579 checked over and find someone with a Super Air 210 or GS 20 who needs a spare
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-19-2020 at 5:12pm
Acme 422 would be "stock". If you want a bit more hole-shot, look at the Acme 654. Should be a big upgrade from your O.J.

JQ
Current

Previous

Aqua skiing, ergo sum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beretta5spd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2021 at 4:14pm
Originally posted by beretta5spd beretta5spd wrote:

Well crew here's the status of the Sport Nautique......

IT RUNS AMAZING.

First and foremost.

HUGE THANKS TO ROB AKA JOHNNY QUEST

He took multiple phone calls with questions about swapping the Pro Boss TBI over to the Quick Fuel m600 carb. We had virtually the same problems arise from our separate installs so he easily walked me through a stuck secondary float issue hahaha.

She actually looks better with this tower than the old boat did.... had to widen it roughly 7 inches.

IMG_2786 by Dwight Kinley, on Flickr

Untitled by Dwight Kinley, on Flickr

Photos of the quick fuel:

IMG_2732 by Dwight Kinley, on Flickr

IMG_2760 by Dwight Kinley, on Flickr

Youtube of it firing up. This thing runs so good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ia6SJ4JoHJo

Parts used:
Quick fuel m600 carb
Carter M60389 pump
Sierra 18-8115 fuel line (pump to carb)
A couple fittings to attach the fuel lines to the carter.
In line fuel filter.

The best part about this setup IMO:

It idled so good after a 30 second hi idle at startup. Settles in at about 750 rpm. When I engage the trans... ZERO rpm drop. When you hammer the throttle... BAM no hesitation. I'm so impressed with this unit... Thanks to everyone who said to ditch the TBI and quit trying to find an injector.

Bring on summer 2020!

Hey guys... I'm finally getting to where I need to look into Perfect Pass for this boat.

In one of the photos above, you'll see the fuel inlet on the m600 gets in the way of where the servo cable would be on a typical Holley Carb Perfect Pass install. 

Would anyone have some wisdom on how they would attach the connector for the throttle cable/perfect pass adapter in order to provide clearance? It quite simply has to go downward. Would there be a problem attaching the "pull point" for the throttle cable/servo on one of the lower holes on the carburetor plate?

TIA
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
  Share Topic