Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Valve cover breather hoses ?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
ubugarrity1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ubugarrity1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Valve cover breather hoses ?
    Posted: October-05-2019 at 4:44pm
I'm working on a ford 302 for a Mustang 16 restore and want to check if these hoses look ok. One side valve cover has a hose to the spacer under the carb and the other side valve cover has a PCV valve and hose to the spark arrestor. I'm seeing a lot of different options so wanted some feedback. Just about ready to fire this thing up for the first time.

KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2019 at 6:30pm
Originally posted by ubugarrity1 ubugarrity1 wrote:

I'm working on a ford 302 for a Mustang 16 restore and want to check if these hoses look ok. One side valve cover has a hose to the spacer under the carb and the other side valve cover has a PCV valve and hose to the spark arrestor. I'm seeing a lot of different options so wanted some feedback. Just about ready to fire this thing up for the first time.

You got it sdrawkcab, that's backwards spelled backwards

The hose from the PCV valve should go to the spacer and the other hose would go to the spark arrestor.

With that setup though, how do you add oil to the engine? You must have to pop out an elbow and grommet.

Why not have an oil fill cap with an elbow on it and the hose from that to the flame arrestor?
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2019 at 6:41pm
Here's a picture of what I described

Or here's another way to do it with no hose to the flame arrestor, but in both cases the PCV valve hose goes to the spacer and the PCV valve in both pictures is at the rear of the right valve cover

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ubugarrity1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2019 at 7:33pm
Unbelievable, that's how I was putting it and I did it backwards. Thanks. So once I switch it'll be good? Those grommets just twist out easily. I had a tough time finding something to fit those covers.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ubugarrity1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2019 at 7:47pm
Here is the image I was using. Must have looked at it backwards

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic