Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My 74 ski nautique level is not good

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
bolz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bolz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My 74 ski nautique level is not good
    Posted: September-19-2006 at 4:59pm
hi,
i'm french and i'll try to explain my problem
i have a ski nautique 74 with a chevy 305 and i have a level problem. When i use my boat it is still on right.For me it's because of the engine rotation. Does somebody know if its possible to make a correction to this problem?
thanks
ben
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2006 at 5:57pm
Are you saying it leans to the driver side? If so...that is the way they are. It,s a wieght issue. When you have a rider in the other seat it is level right?

The solution...if it's only you in the boat...have a BIG cooler of your favorite beverage on the port side to keep things balanced!
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2006 at 7:49pm
and I doubt it's a chevy motor, if the distirbutor is in the back yes, but I bet it is in the front making it a Ford 302.

Don't see it has a problem just too much weight in the drivers seat. I have the same issue that's why I don't go very slow helps level things out cruising at 40 mph.
bolz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bolz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2006 at 3:50am
i confirm it's a chevy 305, the distributor is in the back. the original engine was a 350 but change 10 years ago by the precedent owner. concerning the weight in the driver seat, i'm a poor light man of 65kgs and a pa$$enger in the left side is not enough to keep things balanced. I think that i 'll try to put a water bag in the rear left side.
tanks for the informations
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2006 at 8:36am
My guess is when the previous engine was replaced they used a STD rotation Engine instead of a reverse rotation engine and that makes the lean to the drivers side worse. Not really worth replacing a working engine over at this point. The water sac is probably the easiest fix, when wakeboarding with only a driver and skier we have been dealing with it by moving one of the sacks over towards the pa$$enger side and it works pretty good and we are about 100kg.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2006 at 9:13am
I would find yourself a fine French Maddam with large breasts that weighs in about 130 lbs and take her boating with you !!!! Of course scantly dressed as to not over balance the left side... Cooler of wine and cheese placed perfectly behind the motor box and Wholla !!!! Perfect balance !!!!!

Moj'
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2006 at 9:30am
Mojoman,this is a very simple answer to a complex issue,i commend your knowledge of how to acheive the correct center of gravity and placement of weight in proper places along with additional ballast aft and to port.are the large breasts part of the equation,weight/CG , or just for pleasure????????????boat dr
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2006 at 10:35am
Dr., Now the breasts are multifunctional of course.. Not only for weight distribution (proportional of course), but also used as a emergency flotation device(s), pillow for wiery drivers, bouys for in water channel marking , Key ring holder and certainly for the occa$$ional pleasures while anchoring in thy favorite cove.....

Solution solved !!!
Moj'
jimbo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2006 at 12:36pm
Mojoman, I like your answer. I also like '79's solution, just go faster
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2006 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by Mojoman Mojoman wrote:

I would find yourself a fine French Maddam with large breasts that weighs in about 130 lbs and take her boating with you !!!! Of course scantly dressed as to not over balance the left side... Cooler of wine and cheese placed perfectly behind the motor box and Wholla !!!! Perfect balance !!!!!

Moj'

You're a man with all the right solutions, Moj'. I like the way you think. I'm sending all my boating concerns to you from now on.

Ken
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2006 at 1:17pm
Ken,
Although I'm for "sheet" answering the technical boat questions, I'll always be of service when it comes to balance and proportion of such a dilemma one faces out there on the water !!!

Glad to be of help !! Happy boating or is that "floating" LOLOL.....

Moj'
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2006 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by jimbo jimbo wrote:

Mojoman, I like your answer. I also like '79's solution, just go faster

Jimbo, going faster is not always the way to go !!!!!!

Moj'
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2006 at 2:52pm

I would find yourself a fine French Maddam with large breasts that weighs in about 130 lbs and take her boating with you !!!! Of course scantly dressed as to not over balance the left side...

This is the one time I actually like boating in choppy waters...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2006 at 3:32pm
Ah yes hollywood a lot of jiggeling is GOOD when DD's are involved.
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2006 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by 79nautique 79nautique wrote:

Ah yes hollywood a lot of jiggeling is GOOD when DD's are involved.

Zackly my friends !!!! Black eyes and all !!!

Moj'
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2006 at 4:31pm
Lately, I've noticed these threads go from serious boat inquiries into Porky's movies.

Ken
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2006 at 4:55pm
Sorry, bolz, we love having a great time on CCF.com. I hope you were able to find your answer. Keep posting some threads and let's see some pictures of your boat!

How's the weather in France this time of year?

Ken
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2006 at 5:41pm
I'm pretty sure we answered the question when we informed the guy that the std rotation motor with out the 1.23:1 tranny was the main issue, now he has two options, new PCM tranny or hot big breasted babes, no brainer to me how about you Mojo, Quinner whats your vote????
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2006 at 10:44pm
Mojo: You are the MAN with the solutions.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
jimbo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2006 at 12:59am
LOL Porky's. I just how Beulah Ballbreaker is lurking
bolz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bolz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2006 at 3:45am
sorry ken, my english is not good enough to have great time on the forum with you!
concerning the photos:
ski nautique 74

concerning the weather it's very good during this week but bad for the week end... sniff
bye
bolz
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2006 at 9:42am
Wow, bolz, your Nautique looks very nice! Did you do all the work to it?

Ken
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2006 at 11:28am
Originally posted by 79nautique 79nautique wrote:

I'm pretty sure we answered the question when we informed the guy that the std rotation motor with out the 1.23:1 tranny was the main issue, now he has two options, new PCM tranny or hot big breasted babes, no brainer to me how about you Mojo, Quinner whats your vote????

With a nice hot boat like that, I hope Bolz knows the answer to his dilemma !!! It's the "rotation" part he needs to concentrate on next !!! Doh'

Moj'
bolz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bolz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2006 at 12:04pm
i bought this boat in february and my girlfriend and me had worked during 4 months. Now it has a new look. A friend of me made the stickers, i made a new ski pylon, a new wood platform on a CNC machine. i change the old gauges and a lot of old parts. now it looks good. The engine is suffisant for wakeboarding, i have only this problem of engine rotation but it's not very important.
Thanks for your cuncils!!
bolz
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2006 at 3:31pm

and certainly for the occa$$ional pleasures while anchoring in thy favorite cove.....

Moj'

"We'll be makin' waves in the no wake zone"

(a line from Redneck Yacht Club, if you're not familiar with the song, give it a listen sometime. I can't hear it without thinking about the reunions this summer)

Bolz,

Nice restoration. A french scott8370 perhaps?
delhidream View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote delhidream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2006 at 9:04pm
Tranny could be cheaper!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic