Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1972 Ski Nautique Holman Moody raw water pump

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
smiller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1972 Ski Nautique Holman Moody raw water pump
    Posted: October-09-2019 at 5:01pm
I am having a major problem locating a 1972 S.N. Holman Moody Windsor 351 raw water pump at a decent price all the pumps I have seen they are wanting $500.00 - $700.00 dollars. I also have checked into some pump rebuild kits & by the time labor is added in it will cost me almost as much as a new one. Plz help !
P.S. My boat hasn't been in the water in 3 yrs I am very discouraged.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2019 at 5:10pm
Steve,
Have you looked at alternate crank driven RWP's.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2019 at 5:21pm
Is this the original Jabsco pump? What parts do you actually need to rebuild it ? These are simple pumps, is the shaft good? The body of the pump good ? Bearings are common, seal is available yet I’m sure, not much left. Cover you’d have to make out of brass sheet stock. Got any pictures of what your working with?
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
smiller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2019 at 5:47pm
I haven't looked at a crank driven I don't know the difference unfortunately I am not mechanically inclined. I am not sure the hose connections would work, what brand do you recommend ? I have some pics of my pump but as you can see I am a newby & I haven't figured this site out yet. I am trying to get her wet for the 3rd year and at 66 yrs young its going quick, any ideas would be Greatly appreciated.
smiller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2019 at 5:58pm
Plz bare with me I am a newby & I am trying to address the reply's yes its a jabsco pump, The shaft is bad for sure the body is good, bearings locked up (bought new ones), bought a new seal, I have some pics but I need help in sending them any ideas ? Thx for the hope !
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2019 at 6:11pm
Never mind I was too slow in asking.
Mine needed a new shaft as well but it was many years ago and parts for the most part were still available. For the money your talking for a new pump that wont fit with out alot of work couldn't you just have a machine shop make you a new one?
Pete what is evolved cutting splines on a shaft,that looks to be the most difficult part of the job.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2019 at 11:50pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

couldn't you just have a machine shop make you a new one?
Pete what is evolved cutting splines on a shaft,that looks to be the most difficult part of the job.

Agree on having a shop make a new shaft. Splines should be easy as long as the shop has a dividing head and the cutter.

Now, another idea. How bad is the shaft? If just scored, then Loctite bearing retainer 680 works wonders. If I remember correctly, the stuff can handle .015 gaps.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2019 at 1:17am
My shaft was torn up pretty bad. Since one was available I grabbed it. The seal area was bad and even the area where the aluminum drive dog was worn along with the drive dog itself. I took the pump and it's drive dog along with a Lovejoy coupler to a machine shop and they fixed me right up. Covers are impossible to find but one could easily made.

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
smiller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2019 at 6:19pm
does anyone know how many parts there are to a 72 S.N. Holman Moody raw water pump?
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2019 at 6:30pm
I do have a parts schematic from Jabsco . I’ll scan and post later after “work”
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2019 at 12:26am

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2019 at 3:41pm
Originally posted by smiller smiller wrote:

does anyone know how many parts there are to a 72 S.N. Holman Moody raw water pump?

Steve,
Do you think you're missing some parts?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic