NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Chucky’s 1966 Mustang rebuild

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 345
Author
Duane in Indy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duane in Indy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-28-2019 at 11:37am
Pete, I am not sure anyone knows what we are talking about anymore.   The seal post has sure taken up some ink. Going to be a long winter by the looks of it. Enjoy your Holiday.
Duane
Keep it as original as YOU want it
        1978 Mustang (modified)
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-28-2019 at 7:56pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Originally posted by Chucky Chucky wrote:

I came across this chart. I find it very interesting and very related to our rear main seal conundrum. Happy Thanksgiving all!

Are you thinking because of the engine angle the oil capacity should be less? If so, you also need to factor in many marine engines have specifically designed oil pans. So, in most cases, oil capacity is the same for auto and marine for the same engine.

I have to admit Duane, I read it and thought the same thing Pete did

I think Chucky should post a picture of either his carburetor or his distributor or both next, for some what should we call it? CCF scrutiny

For some reason I'm sensing a Holley that looks a little different than the typical marine Holley for a 302. But it could be marine
Chucky View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chucky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-29-2019 at 6:18am
Thanks for setting me straight, but... here’s a page out of a genuine marine maintenance manual. Must be some special? pan that holds...wait a minute...only 4 quarts? That can’t be right.
Chucky View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chucky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-29-2019 at 6:23am
Maybe the Chevy guys had a special ($$$$) pan...? Or, maybe not.
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-29-2019 at 6:57am
So...........why not just tilt your oil pan at a 15 degree angle with it off the engine and pour in some oil and see how much it takes to get the level where you want it?

Then you can redo the dipstick marks if you need to
Chucky View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chucky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-09-2019 at 7:56pm

Trailer mods mostly complete / painting it black by the end of the year.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 345
  Share Topic