NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hollywood’s new signature

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hollywood’s new signature
    Posted: September-20-2006 at 12:42am
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2006 at 9:44pm
What is it?

Must be good judging from the Dudes reaction.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2006 at 10:01pm

Lets see...yep, I was called a dumba** one day and the next he offered to drive 4 hours to help fix a proplem!
Bobchris....your always welcome here and coldies are in the frig.
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2006 at 10:17pm
That was me defending 79 (chris). Not that he needs it!
Scott
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2006 at 8:54am
here i'll give you a fresh look
nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2006 at 12:30pm
I like the new one, but for me the old one still has the edge....haha

Nate
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll
jon4pres View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jon4pres Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2006 at 4:18pm
Can you imagine what this forum would be like if there were 10 79nautiques?

It would be full of good information and nonstop fighting.
82 2001

jon4pres@gmail.com
Fort Scott Kansas
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2006 at 5:24pm
At least it's not lame like the2001 that averages one posting a day and can't figure out how to wire a radio or PN where all they worry about is what model is better or why CC did this or why they don't do that. Boring Boring Boring.

I'm just glad there are a few quality cross overs that visit here regulary, hollywood and his crew, my twin from the windy city and a couple of others have usefull insight and can cut-up and take friendly jabs at each other.... OOHHHH and lets not forget we actually get out and meet each other and socialize and enjoy are boats and try to help each other out when we can. Don't see that on the othersite.

Jon got any stress cracks in those base plates around the welds yet? or have you not checked lately?
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2006 at 6:01pm
You can all say whatever you want about 79, but in Green Lake when I was having engine problems, he was the first guy in my boat offering advice. Hell, he was ready to rip off a valve cover while anchored at the sandbar. Plus, most of the posts that he writes are right on the money (and make me laugh). It makes me think before I post something ignorant! This site would be a lot more boring if he (and Hollywood) weren't here.

Rob
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2006 at 7:21pm
I smile everytime I read a post from either one of them.More power to 'em for saying the things we all WANT to say.

Mike
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2006 at 7:38pm
Guys knock it off, your ruining my rep

He's just a 2001 one guy and they don't post much over there and he didn't like my comments about his homemade tower.

If your going to make it yourself then you need to take the boat's lines into account and make it flow with the boat instead of just slapping something together and crossing your fingers. Sometimes bends are added to relieve stress points and makle it look good as well. Straight lines are easy to make but it takes a little thought to get a couple of bends to match up, will that is if you bend them separately or don't make a jig to match them up.
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2006 at 11:38pm
Originally posted by 79nautique 79nautique wrote:

...and a couple of others have usefull insight and can cut-up and take friendly jabs at each other....

That's right! When someone else's signature is about you, you ought to have some new kind of status besided just "senior member." Hey Keith, what about a "signature member" for a guy like 79 who other guys have now written about in their signature?
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2006 at 11:42pm
Ahh Chris, the reputation has already been ruined. Those of us who've met you know that you're not such a bad guy after all.

Seems to me that you've posted here some 2200 times because you enjoy these boats, enjoy working on them yourself, and enjoy people who like doing the same. Seems to me that Jon's no different - a young man who enjoys these boats, and whose not afraid to get his hands dirty working on his boat. Give him a break. He put in a lot of work on that tower, and I'm sure he's enjoying the hell out of it. BKH

Livin' the Dream

81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2006 at 7:44am
Well if 79 gets his own signature stauts we'll need one for BKH as well, his wisdom goes far beyond his years.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2006 at 9:38am
Brian I'm just mssing with him, He just likes to slam me so I just throw it back.

I do agree Brian has the best all around knowledge when it comes to models, year and manufacturer and the ins and outs of each, now if we can just get some of this mechanical stuff to rub off on him and teach him some wrenching skills he would be tough to beat.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2006 at 9:42am
Originally posted by 79nautique 79nautique wrote:

I do agree Brian has the best all around knowledge when it comes to models, year and manufacturer and the ins and outs of each

Not only that but he's very diplomatic, everyone likes the guy!
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2006 at 10:13am
And BKH bought us pizza and beer last time he was in Chicago, come on, what more needs to be said than that!
82tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 82tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2006 at 10:55am
Hey '79, Just curious .... do you ever ski/board/foot?

BTW....I think BKH is the Dali Lama of Nautique internet forums.
Life is Good.
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2006 at 12:02pm
Now guys, this isn't a thread about me. Any diplomacy/wisdom I have comes from a lifetime of putting my foot in my mouth.

As to Dali Lama status, I nominate JBear. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2006 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by 82tique 82tique wrote:

Hey '79, Just curious .... do you ever ski/board/foot?

not any more I used to ski a little when I was younger now I just leave that to everyone else and do the driving and wrenching.
jon4pres View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jon4pres Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2006 at 1:21pm
79, My tower is working perfectly. I have checked the bolts several times and everything is holding tight with no damage anywhere else. If you dont like how it looks that is your deal, I personally like it and am pretty proud of what I built.

As for I dont post very much, I have posted 100 times on here. That may not be as many as you but I look at all the new posts on this forum every day during the week.

You still owe me those drawing of what I should have changed on my tower.

All that said you seem to know about motors and boats. You bring a lot of valuable knowledge to this website. I just don't like your attitude.

Peace and Enjoy the water

Jon
82 2001

jon4pres@gmail.com
Fort Scott Kansas
jimbo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2006 at 3:40pm
jon...I like your upholstery.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2006 at 7:10pm
Jon have you check around the welds where the tubing meets the base plate?. With the backing and grade 5's if you used them, the thickness of the base plate comes into play as well as the quality of the weld. Just keep an eye on them and look for a black swiggly line, that's the crack thats a$$uming you polish it and didn't paint it, if you painted or powder coated it then it will be harder to see.
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2006 at 12:11am
BKH is the pope.

79 is the Soup Nazi.

Jbear is the Kermit the Frog.

Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2006 at 10:51pm
I agree that BKH is the resident "Bard" of our site but....Kermit the frog! Maybe I gotta redo the mullet!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2006 at 11:03pm
Dude,
Gotta agree with you, those three, as well as several others have brought a wealth of enlightment to many for a long time on this site. Others with expertise our joining in, and I'm glad of the knowledge they bring.

I'm thinking of '79 though a bit more as the "Cookie Monster."

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
Jim_In_Houston View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim_In_Houston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2006 at 11:19pm
This site used to be more fun.... all you guys need to go get a room.
Happy owner of a '66 and a '68 Mustang
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2006 at 11:21pm
J_I_H; Welcome back, I think.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

82tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 82tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2006 at 11:44am
Originally posted by Jim_In_Houston Jim_In_Houston wrote:

This site used to be more fun.... all you guys need to go get a room.

agreed
Life is Good.
jon4pres View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jon4pres Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2006 at 3:47pm
79, The bases are not welded to the tower. There are heim joints and a bracket that is bolted to the boat.

When and why was this forum more fun??
82 2001

jon4pres@gmail.com
Fort Scott Kansas
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic