NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sonoma county power outage

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sonoma county power outage
    Posted: October-27-2019 at 8:46am
Brian (MorningWood),
I see the fires have required power to be shut off in California. Over 100,000 in Sonoma county and I thought about you. How are you doing?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
67 ski nat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 ski nat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-27-2019 at 11:49am
Pete. I’m in north Santa Rosa. No power 50 mph gusts, 29000 acre fire 4 miles away. Being evacuated. I’m staying for now no fire in sight. But wing sounds like jets

But I got new distributor running today. Fired right up sat down at original idle. Very happy she runs   Had prestolite gone thru , solid ready also
Where is mourning wood located
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-27-2019 at 11:58am
Daryn,
Stay safe and the best to you.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2019 at 10:17pm
My Nephew and my son's brother in law are both up working the Sonoma Fire, I am hoping they do their job well and save your homes while coming back safe and healthy.
67 ski nat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 ski nat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-01-2019 at 11:22am
Well please tell them thank you. The fire fighters really did save town of Healdsburg and Windsor. Amazing plan and execution.
MourningWood View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MourningWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2019 at 12:53pm
Pete (and all),
Thanks for the kind words of concern.

This years' annual (lately) wildfire event was well to the North of the town of Sonoma. Just smoke, and the disturbing uncertainty of random power outages (2 for a total of 5.5 days).
Being on well, propane, etc. meant complete shutdown. Best evacuation plans in 3 years included saving the Dunphy.
Normally we would have gone North to help feed the firefighters, but leaving a powerless, defenseless home didn't feel right. Several neighbors were counting on us to stick around..
All in all, better than most, much better than some.
1994 Ski Nautique "Riot"
1964 Dunphy X-55 "One 'N Dun"

'I measured twice, cut three times, and it's still too short!"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic