NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How do I clean this prop and rudder?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How do I clean this prop and rudder?
    Posted: September-20-2006 at 11:47pm
Anyone have any ideas on how to clean this up?

jimbo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2006 at 1:32am
You might try some CLR or Lime-a-way mixed 1:1 with water. Try it on a small area first. Let it sit a minute, then rinse it off.   You may need to use a scrub brush. Just don't leave it on too long and be sure to rinse well. That should get the scale and copper sulfate off.
If that's too agressive, made try some plain white vinegar with some salt mixed in.
If not, maybe a wire brush?
If you get the crud off and you want to make it shiny, you can then use Emory cloth, soap and water and something like Tarn-x or Bra$$o.
I had the rudder off a couple of weeks ago and I polished it with emory cloth and then Bra$$o and a buffing wheel. I was bored. It made the machine marks really show up.
behindpropeller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote behindpropeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2006 at 10:53am
Just run it. Don't waste your time cleaning the prop and rudder, let the water do it for you.

Tim
LakeBoy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakeBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2006 at 12:19am
How about naval jelly? It works on other metal with stains. I never tried it on my prop.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic