NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Accelerator Pump Squirter Assy Question

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Accelerator Pump Squirter Assy Question
    Posted: November-03-2019 at 5:45pm
Hi Guys! I pulled the carb off my '87 Martinique (351 w/4160 carb) to have a look at it in the off season. Seems to run pretty good with the exception of a fairly consistent stumble when you hit the gas. So, I took a look today to see what might be happening. First thing I will do is fine tune the accelerator pump arm to tighten it up a bit (less slop).

The other thing I noticed was the squirter assembly. There is the #25 nozzle, washer, and a needle valve (I assume pointed end goes down....I didn't see how it came out).

Question: Is there supposed to be a steel ball under the needle?

Anything else that might be worth checking out for the off-idle stumble (and difficulty in starting without a couple of gooses on the throttle after it fires once and dies)?

Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2019 at 6:43pm
Here is a link to an exploded view of the carb (compliments of Holley's Library). You may find your answer there.

LINK
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2019 at 7:20pm
Thanks JQ! That is very helpful. Looks like there was a check ball used in the mid-70's and earlier carbs. I think I have everything based on what I'm seeing in the schematic.
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2019 at 9:07pm
Like you said, you have everything you need for a later carburetor.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic