NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

You picked a fine time to leave me

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
pondman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pondman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: You picked a fine time to leave me
    Posted: November-09-2019 at 11:47pm
....Loose wheel!
(Looking back, an axle bearing kit in the glove box would have been a REALLY great idea.)
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2019 at 12:07am
OUCH!   
GHTILL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GHTILL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2019 at 9:52am
You know your having a bad day when........
TWSS
fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2019 at 10:54am
Look on the bright side, looks like you made I to the parts store! The side of a busy hiway is less than ideal. Don’t ask how I know.🙄
2004 196 LE Ski 1969 Marauder 19 1978 Ski
Brett View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2019 at 2:26pm
What is that in the store window? 15.89 for an 18 pack of Bud?
pondman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pondman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2019 at 3:43pm
Haha, Yeah, pretty sure that's for an 18 pack of Bud. That's Raj's Chevron and Cold Beer and Lotto about 2 miles from the house, Whipped it in there when I saw lots of smoke, right before wheel came unglued...Wheel very nicely did a little zig zag bounce then slowly rolled right up to the back of the boat and then just layed down. Could have been a Helluva lot worse the way my lucks been here lately. Raj had the day off so he doesn't who made the long scratch in his pavement (from the axle nut) yet. Gonna be some Indian arms flailing all around and loud "LOOK WHAT YOU DID!" type drama if he finds out it was me. I may have to fuel up across the street for a year or two....let it settle down some.
pondman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pondman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2019 at 3:51pm
To be honest, I seriously was thinking about that "fence post for an emergency wheel" trick from the "World's Fastest Indian" movie. Just to move things along a little quicker, before Raj showed up.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2019 at 4:32pm
Dont feel bad. Just like there are 2 kinds of boaters (1) have left plug out (2) will leave plug out, there are 2 kinds of boat trailer-ers. (1) have fried a wheel, (2) will fry a wheel.

Did mine on a sunday afternoon between Corpus Christi and Houston Tx. Some guy stopped. Knew the local auto parts store owner. Took me there, owner opened up the store, fixed the bearings for me and first guy took me back. Nice people in TX. Well then there was the other time I fried them at the ramp. I had to run back to town for supplies and leave the boat over night. Didnt want to leave it at ramp so I asked guy at junk yard next door if I could leave it there. He said sure, for $50 or some such ridiculous amount . I left it at the ramp. It was fine.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2019 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

Dont feel bad. Just like there are 2 kinds of boaters (1) have left plug out (2) will leave plug out, .

Slight correction Larry, I am pretty sure the two types of boaters are those that have left the plug out, and those that lie about having left the plug out.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Brett View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2019 at 4:48pm
Just tell Raj there is no charge for the advertisement on Correct Craft fan.
pondman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pondman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2019 at 9:27pm
I didn't mention anything about leaving the plug out for the first run, last week or whenever it was....(It's all a blur except for the court summons I just got for scratching the bridge). How'd yall know?
GOOD LORD I was flippin out trying to thread that thing in while the mangrove trees were slapping the tar out of me and trying to tear my engine cover off. I have two of them right there on the dash, one long, one short.
Just my luck I grabbed the long handled one...I HATE THAT THING!
Pretty sure I POL'd (prayed out loud) while it was all happening.
Someone give me one good reason the plug isn't in the transom like "other" boats, scratch that....I would have had to have held my breath and open my eyes under salt water if it was. She had quite a droopy butt she did.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic