NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Is it dot,dot,dash,dot,dot?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
pondman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pondman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is it dot,dot,dash,dot,dot?
    Posted: November-17-2019 at 2:42pm
My port side stringer just up and caved in on me, (79 SN RR 351w) there was nothing inside but air, so I had to hodge something up to get back out there, My wiring is sorta funky at present and I'd like to fix before I go back out today. I followed various threads here after the DUI install and a diagram or 2 that had some hieroglyphics scribbled in and wound up having to crank it by touching the red wire to yellow wire. New key switch not working to start. Can someone look at the back of engine pic and tell which one or two or three aren't hooked to the right thing, amajig? (notice 2 fat oranges taped together also, prev owner NOT me) The yellow red from the key that nearly drove me nuts wound up being chewed in half by a rat inside the PVC pipe. It now exits as yellow
Otherwise I'll just have to lengthen them and hook em to the horn button. Or drill a hole in the engine cover, The boat runs great otherwise, I just get strange looks at the boat ramp when it stalls and I have to casually reach back there with my left hand to start it...with all the sparks and all it's a little hard to keep a low profile.
pondman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pondman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2019 at 2:50pm
pondman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pondman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2019 at 2:55pm
67 ski nat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 ski nat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2019 at 10:39am
I would inspect all those wires very carefully and gather up put in a spiral wire protector at a minimum. Not familiar with your motor
Did you say sparks. Yikes
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic