Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Schematic - 71 SN

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
BrianSki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Schematic - 71 SN
    Posted: November-17-2019 at 4:17pm
Looking for a full wiring diagram for my 1971 Ski Nautique with a 318 Chrysler.

Tried to do my due diligence before asking this question... did the KENO Google search of correctcraftfan.com , etc... but I've found nothing close; just some engine diagrams.

Here is my panel:

Here's my rat's nest (just showing it for fun, not for any useful purpose):

My plan is to clean up the wiring by having the whole panel be removable by being fully connectorized, instead of just the single 8-pin, plus about 10 direct-connect wires.

I'll probably ultimately create the schematic (at least of the panel connections to the harness), and will ultimately post it here for us 60's/70's folks with similar panels & 318 Chryslers. But if someone has one already, I'd love to see it.

bs
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2019 at 9:44pm
Brian

I did a KENO non Google manual search of the CCF reference section and came up with the link below.

It's the Chrysler 225 engine manual, maybe you've already seen it, maybe not

Towards the back there's a page with an engine and dash diagram.

It's not specifically for a CC, but might be pretty useful.....maybe

link

BrianSki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2019 at 11:20pm
Ha! I'm humbled KENO. I guess I didn't do my due-est diligence.

I actually had the "Chrysler V8 Marine Engine Manual (1967)", but didn't think to look in it. Found a similar diagram as you point out is in "Chrysler 225 Engine Manual". Between those two, I think I'm well on my way.

Thanks for your patience & assistance.
BrianSki
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2019 at 9:37am
Glad you're on your way

I should probably mention that the 67 manual covers the earlier M 318 Poly engine and the 225 manual covers the later LM 318 engine.which should be what's in your 71

For some of the mechanical stuff and ignition timing etc. you'll notice differences.
67 ski nat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 ski nat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2019 at 10:32am
I got an 11x17 cardstock paper and carefully took mine apart drew my own wiring diagram just to make sure. Threw in some strategic fuses, and a breaker to turn ALL off
Also put in conduit in bildge. Use marine wire. Tinned and oil resistant?
BrianSki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2019 at 11:44am
ahhh... marine wire. Didn't know it existed.

Yeah, I think I'll end up doing a little of my own mapping. I imagine every boat finds a way to be unique in some way.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2019 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by BrianSki BrianSki wrote:

ahhh... marine wire. Didn't know it existed.

Not to worry evidently neither do many boat manufacturers
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic