Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Barracuda Fuel Tank

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
66_Cuda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 66_Cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Barracuda Fuel Tank
    Posted: December-13-2019 at 5:35pm
Just a wild guess here, but this method of securing the fuel tank is possibly not factory stock, even from 1966.

Does anyone have pictures of mid 60s factory fuel tank installations?

This old girl asked me to put her back right. While I am probably up to speed on vents, anti-siphon and bonding (which also need work), the mounting method has many options so how did the CC factory do it?

Thanks for your help,

Jack
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-13-2019 at 8:04pm
There were 2 pieces of strapping that the tank sat on. At the ends of the tank, there was a small piece of wood that was bolted to the strapping and pinched the lip of the gas tank. Pretty simple.

Not the same boat or tank, but same method.
zwoobah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zwoobah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2019 at 1:14pm
Not the best picture, but the tank sits on the two boards. There is a carriage bolt at the end of each board (so, two on each side of the tank). Once the tank is in place, the aluminum plates on the right side of the photo sandwich the bottom lip of the tank and are tightened down with the carriage bolts.

My aluminum plates definitely aren't original - they're stamped with markings that indicate they were once part of a loading ramp. The tank was last removed in 1999 so I assume they were made at that point. They work fine so I reinstalled them.

1968 Mustang 16 - 351W powered
66_Cuda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 66_Cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-16-2019 at 10:10am
Great to have pictures, makes it easy to see what needs to be done.

Thank you both,

Jack
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic