NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Unleaded gas

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-16-2019 at 10:09pm
Here's a picture of a sticker from the mid to late 80's saying to use leaded only.

Like has already been said, running unleaded is just fine in spite of that sticker. You might say they got smarter/got more experience and changed their recommendations as time went on and lead started disappearing

No engine issues due to unleaded and at least Pete will agree with me that 10% ethanol will present no issues either.

Well maybe one issue..............you won't spend as much on replacing spark plugs since they last a lot longer without being crapped up with lead deposits   

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-16-2019 at 12:48pm
Matt,
If you want to fatten the coffers of the "lead additive" manufacturer, then go ahead and use the snake oil. If not, then take Tom's advice above.

EDIT:
Matt, now I'm confused.

Originally posted by 359 359 wrote:

How concerned should I be about running unleaded in my boat when the engine tag says to use unleaded only? It's an 1988 2001.

What type of fuel are you concerned with? Your post states unleaded twice.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-16-2019 at 12:42pm
Zippo nada zilch
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole
359 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 359 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-16-2019 at 12:35pm
How concerned should I be about running unleaded in my boat when the engine tag says to use unleaded only? It's an 1988 2001.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic