Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Which FCC for my motor?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
AlfaDon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlfaDon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Which FCC for my motor?
    Posted: December-21-2019 at 10:23pm
As I mentioned in another thread, I just got an FCC for my EFI conversion. My question is whether this stock pump, lines and fuel rails on my motor will supply the adequate fuel for a 400hp motor? The motor is a High Performance 351W that I'd like to think puts out 400hp give or take.

The supply lines from the pump and fuel rail fittings are barely bigger than 1/4" ID. Looking at it from a Carb setup perspective, the diameter isn't adequate for the fuel supply.

There is also a FCC for the 6.0 motors that has a high pressure and high volume pump in the FCC, although the case of the FCC looks identical to the one for 5.8.
I'm thinking I should get the one for the 6.0 so I have enough fuel delivery.

I'd like to hear some opinions, as well as any information about getting more volume of fuel out of the same diameter lines.

Thanks
DHMcFadin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DHMcFadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2019 at 11:35pm
All of the new FCC's, including the replacement I put on my GT40 over the summer, have the low pressure pump mounted to the FCC canister and high pressure pump housed within the FCC canister. That combo can spit more than enough fuel for a naturally aspirated 400 hp motor. The replacement FCC RA080029 supplies fuel for a number of the new PCM engines including the H6 direct injection and 8.1. Those engines put out over 450 hp/ 450 ft lbs. If I were you, I would remove the entire fuel system and go with the FCC kit.

I am currently stroking a 351 GT40 into a 408. I'll be using the FCC kit that I installed this motor over the summer. RF080023. It flows plenty. Plan is 400+ hp, 500+ ft lbs. HP is a little low but I needed this engine to idle smoothly so a very mild cam was the trade off.

Discount inboard marine sells RF080023. Use USA at Discount Inboard Marine for 10% off.

1999 Longhorn Nautique
1995 Nautique Super Sport
https://www.instagram.com/longhorn_nautique/
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic