NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2020 New Years Day Barefoot Challenge

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2020 New Years Day Barefoot Challenge
    Posted: December-27-2019 at 11:57am
New Year's Day Barefoot Tournament
Wednesday, January 1, 2020
11:00 AM 4:00 PM
Lake Norman Marina
HWY 150 Sherrlls Ford, NC

Dust off your winter jacket, hat and grab those gloves to come out and watch the coolest competition New Year’s Day!   

Opening Ceremonies start at 11:45am and the first cold feet hit the water 12:00pm!

Feeling Brave?!   Enter our competition and barefoot your way to victory and bragging rights for the next 12 months at our annual barefoot challenge. More info located here:

https://www.carolinashowski.org/new-years-day-barefoot-challenge/

1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-27-2019 at 3:44pm
This is a fun event if you are in the area. The local ski club will be selling chili, hot dogs and baked goods as a fund raiser.
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
93/70 ccpb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 93/70 ccpb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-27-2019 at 10:29pm
good luck greg and scott at tournement,
what you dont want to hear from jbear and bill.you cant get in the boat till you get your minute,and they throw you back in water!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2019 at 1:53pm
54 on Wednesday with a low of 32. Should be nice weather for the event.
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-01-2020 at 3:20am
That is one event I wish I could go watch, yep, watch, love to see it but years past wanting to participate. Good Luck and Happy New Years to all those that play tomorrow!

I skied once to earn a polar day patch, 32 degrees and foggy.   It was stinking cold and all they allowed for clothes was a swim suit.   Fun Yes, Cold, abosolutely!
I have passed on these since then.
Looking forward to photos.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2020 at 9:45am
We had some favorable weather and water conditions for this years event. Air was in the mid 50's and water temps in the high 40's to low 50's depending on where anyone stopped to check the prop or had a personal moment.......Probably one of the larger crowds with an estimated 100 plus stopping by.

This years event was pulled by a Cobalt which did a nice job for a family day cruiser which can get up and go when needed. A special thanks to the Kale Family of Lake Norman Marina for providing the venue for 40+ years and making a nice donation to the Carolina Show Ski Team.

If memory serves correct -
Allen placed 4th
Scott placed 5th

I should have stayed home

Pictures, videos etc to follow.

'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
burban65 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burban65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2020 at 9:01pm
Greg.........I was discussing with a colleague at work and want to share with him some of the New Years Day festivities thus the thread bump on on the status of pics, videos, etc...
SRB
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2020 at 10:30am
Originally posted by burban65 burban65 wrote:

Greg.........I was discussing with a colleague at work and want to share with him some of the New Years Day festivities thus the thread bump on on the status of pics, videos, etc...

While you're waiting for Greg to thaw out you can show him the 2019 thread from last year in the link below if you haven't already

link
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2020 at 12:52pm
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2020 at 1:01pm
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2020 at 1:19pm
Local news coverage, (featuring greg)

Lake Norman Marina coverage.

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2020 at 2:10pm
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
burban65 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burban65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2020 at 4:20pm
Greg..............Good Stuff and thanks for sharing again this year!
The morning "coffee" picture gave me a chuckle........the things we do on boats in the a.m. (well that can be for another thread).
Looks like a very fun event!
Keno, thanks for the memory link too. We revisited that a few times over.
Those I work with who have not seen such events (and even those that ski but have not footed) are amazed at the off the dock starts........really fun to watch!
SRB
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2020 at 4:31pm
That off the dock back deep was impressive! If that's what it's called, maybe belly flop back would be better.

Why the cobalt instead of more of a traditional barefoot boat?
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2020 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by 63 Skier 63 Skier wrote:

That off the dock back deep was impressive! If that's what it's called, maybe belly flop back would be better.

Why the cobalt instead of more of a traditional barefoot boat?

Lake Norman Marina is the host for the event. They are also a Cobalt dealer. I believe the idea is to showcase the boats they sell. This event has been at this location for many years . They are also a Malibu dealer so I do not know why a Malibu was not used. Probably because most dealers do not stock ski boats anymore. Must be a surf monster to hit show room floor. The great footer Mr. John Gillette also works at Lake Norman Marina. Looks like he was driving the boat.

Last year a Bear Foot Sanger was used and Greg has used his Nautique in the past. I have also seen the Cobalt used in other years too.

Greg has three now so he likely could not make a decision as too which one to bring.
JMO
fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2020 at 10:28am
Nice pictures and videos. Looks like a fun event, add in the Bud Light for breakfast and you are all making me add to my bucket list! Some day!
2004 196 LE Ski 1969 Marauder 19 1978 Ski
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic