NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Water in Transmission Fluid

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2020 at 3:49pm
I did the GT 40P’s along with a cam research cam, which really spruced it up a bit.
BRKOUT1K View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BRKOUT1K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2020 at 7:19pm
Found a pair of GT40P heads for $535 (includes shipping from Chicago)...1/2 holes w/ Brass plugs. Anything else I need to be on the lookout as far as compatibility is concerned?
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2020 at 9:24am
One thing you'll have to keep in mind is that whatever head gaskets you use need to be installed with the part marked FRONT at the front of the engine.

This is for proper distribution of water flow through the engine

Some like a Felpro 17060 as an example are marked front on the top and bottom of the gasket so it hard to screw up the installation as long as FRONT is in the FRONT

Some only have FRONT on one side therefore on one side of the engine the FRONT lettering is facing up and on the other side it's facing down.when the gaskets are installed right.

Just remember FRONT always has to be at the FRONT.

Enough of this, I'm tired of typing FRONT

Just mentioning this because it's been a question/issue numerous times over the years
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic