NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Heater questions

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
brantb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brantb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Heater questions
    Posted: January-12-2020 at 3:33pm
SECOND EDIT: The core has a leak somewhere in it, it is all bad. Anyone ever get the heater linked?

One of the items on the winter checklist was to get the heater working or replaced. The core is salvagable, one of the inputs needs to be soldered back one. The motor was rusted up however. I was able to get it to break free, sprayed a little wd40 and spun it with my drill, but i dont think it will work. Guess it will pull too many amps to work right.

Anyone know a suitable replacement?

Other option is this which seems identical to what was there.

EDIT: The name is ACU-HEAT, and from what i read that is the old name that heatercraft went by. Dont really want to spend 150 on a new blower motor when i can get an almost identical complete unit for 160
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2020 at 4:29pm
Not giving us much info- how many wires are coming out of it? No marking embossed into the motors case anywhere? Just googling 3 speed 12v blower motors comes up with this-
link not recommending them just showing whats out there
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2020 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by brantb brantb wrote:

i dont think it will work. Guess it will pull too many amps to work right.

Guessing? You really won't know unless you hook it up and check it with the VOM.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2020 at 7:09pm
Linked heater works well. Great option if you already have all the other pieces (vents, switches, hoses, etc).
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic