Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Boat Covers

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
jhersey29 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhersey29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Boat Covers
    Posted: January-17-2020 at 9:50pm
Can anyone suggest a good cover for a 1999 Ski Nautique? One that does not pool, highly breathable, water proof, etc.   Carver Covers seems to have lots of options. I have one from nautiqueparts.com that I bought in 2015. I think it is a Carver Covers product. The colors and options seem to match between the 2 sites. My existing cover isn't bad but it is ripped in a few places and has several iron-on patches to fix minor holes. It is getting pretty dry rotted and rips in random spots pretty easy these days. It is about 5 years old. The cover I have now does pool water no matter what we do with the pole. The water seems to mainly stay in the cover and we can scoop it out with the a cup pretty easily. The cover occasionally sees 5 inches of snow or more in March and April. The boat is garaged in the winter but stays at the lake March thru October. Thanks

This is what I bought in May of 2015.
Ski Nautique and Ski Nautique 196 Closed Bow - from 1982 to 2009 Select Cover:: 1997 TO 1999 Standard or Premium Question: Premimum SunDURA- Pick Color For Premium Covers, Pick Color: Storm Gray Extra Large Bow/Nose for fitting Over Correct Craft bow stops: NO I want the cover to fit the boat only
DVskier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DVskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2020 at 10:27pm
I bought a Carver cover from Overton's probably 10 years ago that fits perfectly, covers the platform as well. Boat is a 200 SN 196 LE. I use a 3 or 4 inch diameter pvc pipe cut to fit over the ski pylon, has a pvc cap on it to prevent excess strain on the Sunbrella fabric. Although the boat is kept on a lift at a covered metal dock the cover does a fantastic job of keeping dust, bird droppings, spider excrement, etc. out of the boat. I highly recommend the Carver covers, mine has shown hardly any wear after 10 years. The Sunbrella fabric is the best.
zwoobah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zwoobah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2020 at 1:19am
Order one from Angola Canvas. They have the patterns for these boats and will advise you as to which material is best for your needs. They can build in additional vents/pole supports by request.
1968 Mustang 16 - 351W powered
DVskier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DVskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2020 at 1:43am
Boat is a 2004 SN ,196.
jhersey29 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhersey29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2020 at 12:56pm
Thanks, that extra steel overhead cover probably helps a ton with dry rot. Keeps the sun off the cover. Colorado's sun is brutal on fabrics. They don't last long out here.
DVskier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DVskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2020 at 1:50pm
The rear of my covered dock faces west so the cover still is exposed to harsh sun for 3-4 hours per day.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic