Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1996 SN CC dash assm

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
The Glove Guy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Glove Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1996 SN CC dash assm
    Posted: January-23-2020 at 5:33pm
Hello, I'm new to this site, as well as new to forum blogs (I think that's what I'm doing )
Anyway looking for a 1996 Ski Nautique Correct Craft Dash Cover or any one that repairs them in the greater Southern California area. The mounting hole's are deteriorated. I've tried fixing it my self, but cant find anything that will adhere to the existing material It's a 19.5 boat. Any help would be greatly appreciated
LTGG
winniskier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote winniskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-26-2020 at 10:45am
I found plastic material similar to the pod . Bonded a small patch to the inside of the pod with epoxy bought at Home Depot or Lowes. The patch bridges the broken down holes. I did not try to glue the ends of the broken pieces together. I drilled a hole for the screws. It works fine. It looks amateurish, but only I know because its on the inside. I keep an eye on it to spot any failure. Replacement pods come up for sale on this website occasionally. So far, there has been no need to buy a replacement.
Jim
The Glove Guy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Glove Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-26-2020 at 2:35pm
Hello there winniskier, I was able to use a two part putty I had from another project that seems to be working fine. Applied a day ago and letting it cure. I will sand it to conform to the fiberglass dash on the boat. Agree, it does look a little armature, but again only I / we know lol Thanks for replying
LTGG
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic