NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Somebody help this guy find a Mastercraft

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 2345>
Author
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2020 at 9:46am
You're not gonna be "that guy" that doesn't update your 2 threads on Team Talk are ya?

Or are you looking to start hoarding old Mastercrafts now too?   
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2020 at 10:29am
Haven’t ruled out another project but everyone has a short memory over there... haven’t seen any activity in quite a while.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2020 at 10:30am
They’re doing the best they can.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2020 at 10:48am
Nice looking Master Craft. A great stand out for a show boat.
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2020 at 3:27pm
It must be time for an update on this project

Carnac here tells me that he seems to think that this Mastercraft has mysteriously turned into an American Skier Advance Wink

How's that oil pan drain hose clearance issue treating you?

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2020 at 4:55pm
Still planning to get back to the Mastercraft big block swap, but I am in the middle of stuffing a 454 into an Advance... mostly just because we can. I’m curious how the boat performs and skis with the big block- might be a viable cold water boat for us? We have the pan clearing the hull now with just the normal plumbing (exhaust/cooling/fuel) left to do. Might get a water test in this year if the stars align.

Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2020 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

mostly just because we can.

Heck yeah, that's the spirit! Big smile
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2020 at 6:00pm
Might even be a good "warm water" boat Wink

Looks like the mufflers are a little long to hook up to those reducers on the risers. It looks like the reducers and maybe the whole engine came from a Supra. 

At least that would be a lefty in a boat that came with a lefty

Like you mentioned elsewhere, it looks like the engine box will be a bit of a challenge.

Nothing you can't handle for sure Wink

I've got a 454 PCM pan with a bung welded on the side of the pan for the same reason (hooking up a drain hose) and the original drain plug is tack welded shut.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2020 at 6:58pm
Cool project. Those are great looking boats. That PCM fuse cover looks NOS.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2020 at 7:21pm
It is a lefty... exhaust elbow/reducers need to go in favor of the ones used on a Bfn (much sharper angle), and the repaired mufflers are getting ditched in favor of some 3” stainless pipes. Box actually comes surprisingly close to fitting, just needs a little riser all around and some clearancing up front for the rwp... obviously that wouldn’t be needed for the water test.

I suspect it should run upper 40’s with the big block, we’ll see how the wake and table are. I drove and skied Eddie’s 383 Advance, but only on the boom. This example is pretty rough, certainly wouldn’t feel bad about using it hard and letting it sit wet for extended periods between uses. Things take a while to dry when the days are short and cold. Haven’t quit skiing here yet (we don’t think).
fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2020 at 10:06am
Well I am feeling a little bit old now.  We have not been on the water since October.  This thread has given me some motivation.  Water here is just cold...not hard yet.  Keep the updates coming please.
2004 196 LE Ski 1969 Marauder 19 1978 Ski
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2020 at 11:14am
following

'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2020 at 1:26pm
boats are cool
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2021 at 6:51am
Hey Slacker Wink

Any updates on the MC or the AS? 
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2021 at 8:54am
Not much of one, sadly… we did get a test run in on the AmSkier last Dec and it went alright… wasn’t running 100% (miss at top end) that we need to sort but it did push the boat forward and to 47mph or so. Probably had a little more in once tuned, especially with more prop (was running a 541).

The MC will run another summer as a small block, i don’t anticipate mucking with either project until fall, most likely. A few other smaller projects have come and gone since last year, and I have a few more to clear off my plate before getting back to these 2… My 10 month old has taken priority over some of the more ambitious (time consuming) undertakings, and we need a serious upgrade on workshop space. You know, the normal struggles. ;)
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2021 at 9:18am
It’s funny how those little ones can become life as you knew it stoppers😂
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2021 at 9:34am
Just a personal wish kind of thing, not telling folks what they need to do or should do, but I wish it was a bit more like the old days around here where the folks who were really involved in skiing (like HW's show team or Tim's ski club or team or whatever it is) and the folks who do projects, like Tim's aforementioned projects or the Harts or JoeInWhere'dhego's projects.  We like to see that stuff.  I know Joe once said we have become a phone based world and sadly (much like CCFs enchantment with "old school" boats) this site is a bit old school and not particularly phone friendly which cuts down on participation, but still, I'd like to see more projects and skiing discussions.  

I do not care that much for the move to FB to share stuff like that as (1) facebook itself is painful,  (2) there is so much painfully erroneous information shared over there  and (3), not the CC pages but the Nautique pages is nothing but G23/25 discussions (hard to believe there is that much money out there) which entail talk of either "how much lead do I need and where do I put it?" (Wouldnt you think a $250,000 boat would come ready to go and you wouldnt have to weight it down with cinder blocks or lead or whatever)  -or- 552,000 questions about error messages or malfunctions.  Again, wouldnt you think a $250,000 boat would be a little more reliable.  I have questioned both of these things over there (yes, mostly just to stir it) and holy moley, are those guys are fragile, sensitive and defensive about their boats and flame me down immediately.

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2021 at 9:48am
I’m with you Larry… if this site was a bit easier to navigate on the phone it probably wouldn’t be slowing down so much. I don’t know when I last surfed the web on a computer. Makes it really tough to share pics, which is usually the most interesting part.
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2021 at 10:45am
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

I have questioned both of these things over there (yes, mostly just to stir it) and holy moley, are those guys are fragile, sensitive and defensive about their boats and flame me down immediately.

I can understand them getting a little testy when you start poking the bear. 
I mean if you just got a 250K boat and it starts flashing a code and all you know about the boat is how big you can make a wave and can’t figure out what/where said sensor is without having daddy taking it to the marina you get pissed because you can’t get what you want when you want it.Wink
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2021 at 11:20am
I'll agree with all you said Larry except for all the money part. What is out there is cheap money and as soon as something happens like in 08 the you know what hits the fan. Then us smucks who worked hard drove beaters didn't get the latest big screen TV or the latest phone get to pay it off for them. Now to the phone vs computer- I am amazed of the amount of people particularly ones younger than most of us cannot even operate a computer. Must be the same ones who can't drive a stick.....

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2021 at 11:27am
Good points Larry and I'm just as guilty as the rest of you. It's easier to navigate on FB and post pics which is why many of us have navigated to that platform but I will assure you this. I value the info and knowledge HERE more than anywhere else. If I have a problem with any of my boats I'm phoning a friend or posting it here as I've seen and laughed at too much bad information on the FB owners sites. The info here is easier to access and go back to years from now but not so much over on FB. How many times have you seen " Check over with the guys on CCFan!" or " Go to CCFan as those guys know their stuff and these boats"!  

I still come here several times a day when at work because all our manuals are computer based. The kindle is what I use at home and on weekends because it too is easy. It takes time to use third party photo sites then link them to post here which is why  many have fallen to the druthers of FB.  I will try to do better at posting pics here. There's a Regatta this weekend on Lanier and few Fans are coming down for the event so I know there will Docktails on my new dock at some point during the event so I'll mention it here if/when it goes down. Sorry for the thread jack TRB. 
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
67 ski nat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 ski nat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2021 at 1:19pm
Hopefully Joe Biden will NOT get a G23 wake boat, or zukerberg will shut down your free speech and not let anyone talk about where the G23 came from and the huge wakes ruining shorelines
There was a good life to be had before Facebook, remember
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2021 at 5:08pm
Larry,  I absolutely refuse to post my projects on facebook or anywhere else until they've been posted here.  IMHO Correctcraftfan.com is where it all started and that's where the real projects need to be posted.  Anyone on facebook that needs real advice is directed here anyway.    I use Facebook for business otherwise I despise it, actually even for business I despise it.  

As for posting photos that's why I always update my posts on a Monday,  I email the photos of weekend work  to myself and post from my laptop at the office, simple from work not so much from home. 
samudj01 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samudj01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2021 at 4:27pm
I agree. I hate Facebook bc I can’t find a post I read a day ago. I love these discussion threads and their search ability. I asked before and I would love if someone who is friends with Keith could push him to make this platform phone friendly. Not sure of the cost, but I know I’d make a donation to that.
78 Ski Tique, 72 Skier w/302's, 93 SN w/351 & 17 GS22 w/zr409
Previous - 99 Sport Nautique w/GT40 and 87 Martinique w/351
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2021 at 4:44pm
I used Facebook 10 years ago when my son was in Germany with my Grandchildren for 3 years.   I choose not to use it since then.  Long Live Correct Craft Fan!
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2021 at 5:49am
Originally posted by samudj01 samudj01 wrote:

I agree. I hate Facebook bc I can’t find a post I read a day ago. I love these discussion threads and their search ability. I asked before and I would love if someone who is friends with Keith could push him to make this platform phone friendly. Not sure of the cost, but I know I’d make a donation to that.

Here are a couple of quotes from the "adding images to your posts"  sticky thread under announcements

They were on 8/20/20

Originally posted by KENO KENO wrote:

Somebody needs to add here that this works for laptops, PC's etc and if you're trying to upload pictures using a cell phone, tablet etc the above instructions won't do you any good.

I guess I just added it Wink

Originally posted by Keith Keith wrote:

Thanks KENO. You are correct. Thank you for posting.

I'm currently researching adding mobile upload to the Forums. 

Thanks,
Keith

I figure it's some long slow research or maybe like lots of other people, there are plenty of other things in his life keeping him busy besides CCF

Just me figurin'  Wink
PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2021 at 7:07pm
Might be too nice

https://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/boa/d/channahon-1985-mastercraft-skier/7367620554.html

KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2021 at 7:15am
 Carnac here says that it must be time for an update on the American Skier project boat, he thinks there have been some things happening Wink

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2021 at 8:14am
Not much of an update but the Amskier has gone down the road (sans engine of course). Concentrating on getting at least one more Bfn in the water this fall… perhaps shift gears back to the MC this winter or next spring!
ultrarunner View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2021 at 11:19am
I miss my AMSkier Cry

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 2345>
  Share Topic