Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New to me Pro Air Maintenance

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
C_Heath View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C_Heath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New to me Pro Air Maintenance
    Posted: February-10-2020 at 1:13pm
Im picking up my 2000 Pro Air Thursday. It has the GT40 with almost 700 hours. Regardless of whats been done, Id like to still do plugs, oil, any filters I can find, wires if they need them and an impeller. I just like to know its been done so Ill afford that expense for peace of mind. Is there any others items I need to look at or order? These thing have rotor caps? My last boat was an 88 prostar 190 and I was a teenager and never opened the motor cover.

Thanks!
Chris
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2020 at 3:40pm
Yea you will need a cap and rotor. You can use the automotive ones- just need to put some RTV in the hole that has a cap/vent in it. I'd look for one that has brass terminals rather than the aluminum ones. Also check the PCV valve and clean the intake flame arrestor. Wires you will probably best just to get oem PCM ones
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2020 at 11:32pm
Probably want to do a transmission fluid change. This one you could wait until you have a problem, but cleaning the anti-siphon valve at the tank is very easy and prevents future on water issues. I'd put new belts on when you are doing the impeller.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic