Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

GT40/351W Engine Gasket set

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Canuck-Surfer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck-Surfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GT40/351W Engine Gasket set
    Posted: April-06-2020 at 5:58pm
I'm trying to source a whole engine gasket set for my 95 Sport Gt40 rebuild. Block is back from the rebuilder and I'm ready to reassemble.

I know SkiDim has a Valve grind set but I'm up in Canada so I'd like to find a set up here. I can get the intake gasket locally, but I'm wondering about Ford Racing or Felpro kits that will have everything I need.

Here is a Ford Racing kit from local online shop: https://www.tdotperformance.ca/ford-racing-m-6003-a50-engine-full-gasket-set-engine-gasket-set-complete-overhaul-gasket-set-for-289-302-351w.html?utm_source=google_shopping&gclid=CjwKCAjwvZv0BRA8EiwAD9T2VcK5116jpt3CZjXHc20L2Xk0AUmIs8RV39EGAlUvfjGeIw7j7hYPHxoCXYAQAvD_BwE

I'm concerned about the GT40 head gaskets being correct in a generic 351W kit.

Point me in the right direction guys!!
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2020 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by Canuck-Surfer Canuck-Surfer wrote:

I'm trying to source a whole engine gasket set for my 95 Sport Gt40 rebuild. Block is back from the rebuilder and I'm ready to reassemble.

I know SkiDim has a Valve grind set but I'm up in Canada so I'd like to find a set up here. I can get the intake gasket locally, but I'm wondering about Ford Racing or Felpro kits that will have everything I need.

Here is a Ford Racing kit from local online shop: https://www.tdotperformance.ca/ford-racing-m-6003-a50-engine-full-gasket-set-engine-gasket-set-complete-overhaul-gasket-set-for-289-302-351w.html?utm_source=google_shopping&gclid=CjwKCAjwvZv0BRA8EiwAD9T2VcK5116jpt3CZjXHc20L2Xk0AUmIs8RV39EGAlUvfjGeIw7j7hYPHxoCXYAQAvD_BwE

I'm concerned about the GT40 head gaskets being correct in a generic 351W kit.

Point me in the right direction guys!!

351W LH rotation gaskets

Your local auto parts store

Ask for

Felpro 17260   351W marine top end set, you'll need to trim the water ports at the front of the intake manifold gaskets to match your GT40 intake (it's easy) and the head gaskets are correct

The 17260 set has valve cover gaskets for stamped steel valve covers, if you are gonna use cast aluminum then use 17261 instead of 17260

Felpro 17875   timing cover gasket set, includes the front seal 17795 and water pump gaskets

Felpro 17998   one piece oil pan gasket, just because it's so nice compared to a 4 piece gasket

Felpro BS 40509 one piece rear main seal for your normal rotation engine or if you want a PTFE rear main seal get a Felpro BS 40645 ( they have about 5 different seals for this application though)

A smart person would verify all those numbers just to be sure

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic