NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1972 Mustang Rope Chocks

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2020 at 10:47am
Ralph,
Original/vintage for CC may be hard to find just because back then CC was very inconsistent on what they used. Times were tough and they had a tendency to use whatever they could get. The chocks would have been a less expensive chrome plated zinc die casting rather than chromed brass.

Are yours missing? Maybe they were never on the boat? Holes in the deck?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
rmenier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rmenier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2020 at 10:41am
Pete,
That is my bow "rope chock", however, I will need the stern. Checking out e-bay now, thanks for the help. I hope to find them but if not I may still need an original/vintage.
Ralph
1972 Mustang
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2020 at 10:36am
Try this:

Pero rope chock on ebay

Note the angled/slanted chocks are typically meant for the bow deck since it's angled.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2020 at 10:31am
Regarding posting pictures, it's almost impossible from a mobile device. The best is off a PC. Go to "post reply" or click on the "full reply editor" (the arrow icon above the message box) then click on the icon of the tree with the up arrow. A browse box will come up allowing you to select anything off your computer.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2020 at 10:27am
Rope chock:

Check ebay for Perko rope chock

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
rmenier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rmenier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2020 at 10:12am
Pete, Thank you for the quick reply. My towline guide (my nomenclature) is in great shape despite every passenger thinking it is a structural handle. I have a chrome plated aluminum/white metal casting on each corner of the stern that I use to run a dock line from the stern lift ring/cleat to stern corner to the dock cleat. I can make out the name "PERKO" on the side. The picture you supplied does not have the part I am trying to describe. I am struggling trying to get a picture uploaded, any tip would be appreciated.
Ralph
1972 Mustang
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2020 at 9:43pm
Ralph,
Here's a picture of what I consider a rope guard. It's the V shaped 1/2 round screwed to the aft deck.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2020 at 9:29pm
Ralph,
I'm a little confused as to what you are looking for. The rope guard typical in the early 70's would have been a bent piece of 1/2 round and not machined. The confusion also comes from you needing two. Do you have two boats? Explain some more.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
rmenier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rmenier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2020 at 8:42pm
Hello, long time follower but fist time posting. I need two stern rope chocks for my 72 Mustang. Original would be my preference or has anybody machined a copy?
Thank you all in advance

****FOR CLARIFICATION PURPOSES PICTURE ADDED AFTER INITIAL POST****

Ralph
1972 Mustang
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic