Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Southwind

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Lake Pete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lake Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Southwind
    Posted: September-26-2006 at 10:37am
I am purchasing a house on a Lake and the seller is throwing a boat in the deal. He tells me it is a 1968 CorrectCraft - Southwind with a 160 H.P. Merc/Cruiser. Does anyone have any information on this boat or can tell me where to look? It is the "Old Style" I/O.
Lake Pete
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2006 at 11:55am
LP,
Take a look in the reference section on this site. There you will see the line up from CC in 68'. There were Freeport and San Juan I/O's then.. Not sure about a Southwind..

Moj'
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2006 at 12:46pm
Southwind was around from 73 to 83, but was an I/O in only 73 and 74, then went to inboard in various length incarnations. If it really is a Southwind I/O, it would have to be 73 or 74, but it may very well be a Freeport or San Juan as Moj suggested. Knowing the length could narrow down the options.
Lake Pete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lake Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2006 at 1:03pm
I was told it is a 20 foot boat. I will check the title and serial #'s when I get title.
Lake Pete
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2006 at 3:58pm
I have seen more than one wrong boat title so that really doesn't carry much weight. A picture of the boat would help and if you looked in the reference section and thumbed thru the brochures would help narrow it down. Regardless take the boat and the CCfan's will get you headed in the right direction and can teach you how to make it better than new.
Lake Pete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lake Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2006 at 6:18pm
Thanks to all who replied. I close on the house 09/29/06. Anxious to get pictures of the boat & look at title. Will post pictures soon. As I have been reading the forums and web site, I think I am just as excited about the boat as my new house.
Lake Pete
p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2006 at 10:21pm
Pete ,What lake are you going to be located on ?

Pat
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
Lake Pete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lake Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2006 at 10:10am
Pat- It is a small (400 acre) lake in Central Illinois. Large enough to ski, etc. but a little way away from the City where I work. Lots of relaxing times from my stressful work. Have gone to various lakes in the midwest and Southwest for Family vacations, so have been around boats and water some.
Lake Pete
p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2006 at 5:49pm
Pete
Some guys just got together at Shelbyville last weekend . Are you from around there. Im from Dixon and a few other guys are close by.

Pat
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
Lake Pete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lake Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2006 at 12:06pm
Pat - I am from the Springfield area. The Lake is North West of here - Lake Petersburg. I have been to Lake Shelbyville-but has been a while. I want to get the boat out to run a little this fall, but then pull it out and take a good look at everything-get pictures etc.Will probably need some advice from CC "experts" when I get in to getting it in shape for 2007.

Thanks,
Mark
Lake Pete
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic