Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1983 skinautiuqe toggle switches

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
Tydamon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tydamon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1983 skinautiuqe toggle switches
    Posted: May-24-2020 at 11:40pm
I'm brandnew to this forum and I'm looking for some help I have a 1983 ski nautiuqe 2001. I'm looking for replacement toggle switches and no matter how hard I search I can't seem to find the oem style switches. They are Carling switches and even on their website they don't have what I need.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2020 at 4:24pm
Do you have any pictures of the switch you need or part number off of it? How many poles are on the back?
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2020 at 4:39pm
Dees dem?

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2020 at 6:21pm
I don't know Larry. But I do know this without the original poster posting a picture of what they need it leaves out us seasoned boat parts horders who often don't even know what we end up with. Got these from the Godfather at the river run a number of years ago. No one wanted them they were going to get thrown out. I have 1 single pole and several 3 pole? on/off/on ones.

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2020 at 6:37pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

and several 3 pole? ]

2 pole double throw.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2020 at 6:51pm
That photo i found was good enough to remind me of what they looked like. Sort of translucent handles, pinkish/reddish, look like handles that light up, but pretty sure they dont. Npt sure original matters in this case. I replaced the 3 or 4 toggles on my tique a few times. Dont seem to like water environments. One batch looked like the ones you are showing Gary, another time they had more the paddle style, another time, just the standard "tear drop" type metal handle. If you do them all probably doesnt matter, unless you are hard core "keep it original" which I do understand as well. They look something like this except this one doesnt look tinted

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2020 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

and several 3 pole? ]

2 pole double throw.

I only know tip and ring- on hook off hook and ......
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2020 at 7:39pm

and several 3 pole? ]

2 pole double throw.

MourningWood View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MourningWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2020 at 7:46pm
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

That photo i found was good enough to remind me of what they looked like. Sort of translucent handles, pinkish/reddish, look like handles that light up, but pretty sure they dont.

Actually, they do......light up. At least originally they did.
1994 Ski Nautique "Riot"
1964 Dunphy X-55 "One 'N Dun"

'I measured twice, cut three times, and it's still too short!"
Tydamon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tydamon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2020 at 7:57pm
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

Dees dem?

Those are it sir
DVskier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DVskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-26-2020 at 12:00am
E&M?
Tydamon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tydamon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-26-2020 at 12:21am
They are Carling switches. The one I need is a 4 pole switch for the bilge pump

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-26-2020 at 7:51am
Originally posted by Tydamon Tydamon wrote:

. The one I need is a 4 pole switch for the bilge pump

Tyler,

A 4 poll toggle. is on the unusual side. Why do you need 4 polls?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Tydamon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tydamon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-26-2020 at 9:05am
I'm not sure all I know is that's what it had oem and that's what I'm looking for
Tydamon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tydamon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-26-2020 at 9:09am
If I could figure out how to post pictures on this site I would post them
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-26-2020 at 9:12am

I'm not sure all I know is that's what it had oem and that's what I'm looking for

Tyler,
A four pole double throw switch will have 12 terminals on it.

How many terminals does your original switch have? 6?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-26-2020 at 9:24am

If I could figure out how to post pictures on this site I would post them

How about sending a picture of the back of your switch to this email

keno439@gmail.com

Then I could post it here for you and then we will all collectively come up with the switch you need with the right terminology.

Does this switch have a middle off position and it can be flipped in either direction?

Or is it 2 positions with no mid position?

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-26-2020 at 9:42am
Tyler,
Before you go getting a switch, what's up with yours's? Have you done some testing to determine it's bad?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-26-2020 at 10:12am
I am guessing this is what he is referring to, Pete, but I could be wrong.

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-26-2020 at 10:27am
Larry,
Thanks and you may be correct. We'll see if we get the picture. I think Tyler was confused after our retired phone man posted his take on poles.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Tydamon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tydamon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-26-2020 at 11:38am
Switch is broke off. Picture of what the fuse is are coming
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-26-2020 at 12:28pm
Tyler,
If you are sending Ken the picture, great as he can post it.

Regarding posting pictures, this is from a previous thread:

If you are using a mobile device, it's very difficult on CCfan. The best is from a home computer or laptop. Go to "post reply" or click on the "full reply editor" (diagonal arrow above). Then click on the tree with the up arrow icon. This will bring up a browse box allowing you to select the desired off your computer. Give it a try and report back.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
MourningWood View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MourningWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-26-2020 at 12:35pm
If this helps...
Pretty sure the original switch has 3-positions:

1. Bilge pump off
2. Bilge pump on
3. Bilge pump on "automatic" (via the float).
1994 Ski Nautique "Riot"
1964 Dunphy X-55 "One 'N Dun"

'I measured twice, cut three times, and it's still too short!"
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-26-2020 at 12:38pm
Here are Tyler's pictures.

Should be posting info here about switch positions etc either ON OFF ON or ON OFF

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-26-2020 at 12:48pm
Tyler,
From the way the switch is wired (only 2 wires), all that's needed is a single poll single throw (SPST). That would simply turn the pump on and off. The picture Gary posted of the toggle with two terminals is the one. Is there any evidence that it ever had 3 wires on the switch?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-26-2020 at 12:54pm
Guess that goes back to what has been said in the past, about how CC would use what ever is handy. Why else that switch for just on and off? Tho another possibility is that a PO got in there and fiddled with the wiring. Per Ken's question, what are the throws on that switch, maybe at one time (I have no idea if this was even a thing in the 80's ) maybe it had three positions (and more wires) with off - on - auto?

Sometimes I (not being overly smart about such things) look at the back of toggle switches with an odd, no not odd, a strange number of poles, and wonder, what does that switch do, what is going on inside of it?
Tydamon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tydamon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-26-2020 at 1:36pm
I definitely need to get on the computer so I can post pictures and keep everyone updated I know this can get pretty confusing and I'm not 100% clear on the whole issue I guess. The switch that I sent Ken to post for me is for something else but they are the same switches. The build pump switch that I need has a toggle completely broken off and had four wires hooked up. So I'm no expert by any means but I would guess like previously stated it has an on off and automatic so I need to switch with four posts on it. I know we have old boats but I wish there's a website that sold things for these old boats
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-26-2020 at 4:03pm

so I need to switch with four posts on it. I know we have old boats but I wish there's a website that sold things for these old boats

Tyler,
Does the bilge pump switch have 3 wires connected to it? Does it have a center off position? (with the toggle handle broken off, this may be hard to determine) Is there a float switch in the bilge? As mentioned, a on-off-on switch would be manually on one way, off center and then automatic the other position via the float switch.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Tydamon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tydamon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-26-2020 at 4:12pm
The bilge pump switch actually has four wires going into it. I cannot tell what positions to switch has because the toggle is broke clean off. By building does have a float in it and does work
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-26-2020 at 4:15pm
Here's the typical wiring for a on-off-automatic pump. Where's the 4th wire go?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic