Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

water pump gasket

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
99airwarrior View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 99airwarrior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: water pump gasket
    Posted: May-29-2020 at 1:16am
1985 2001 351w I can not find the right water pump gasket. This is the pump to plate I purchase the whole fel-pro Timing chain cover gasket kit TCS45449 and it did not come with the above gasket. So I went on line and the only one that looked like it would work was a fel-pro 35214 had it shipped and it had one bolt hole off. So I know people at Ford,Napa,O"Reiley"s we looked through the computes, their was only 1 other gasket available and it was way off. So I purchased some gasket material and made my own. I should have taken a picture of the pump before mounting it so I could post it, I wanted to know if anyone else has seen this problem? I did check all years of 351w,400 block,ect. the pump gasket was the shape of a football just like the fel-pro 35214 the package say's 351w eng. 1979-86 Thank You
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2020 at 1:36am
Isn't it the first one on this list ? - link

O'Reilly Auto link
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 99airwarrior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2020 at 2:28am
Gary that one is way off from my pump look at the fel-pro 35214 it looks just like the one in the picture except one bolt hole completely is off of the pump all the rest line up Joe
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2020 at 9:51am
Hi Joe

Here are a couple pictures

First one is what your pump probably looks like with the cover removed. You can see the black gasket still stuck to the pump. It's a mid 80's bi directional pump.

Second picture is a FelPro who's number is 35019 like Gary mentioned . If you lay that on the pump and trim it with your favorite razor knife where I drew in the silver lines, you end up with a gasket that fits.   

Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2020 at 1:40pm
KENO:

I'm always amazed at the quantity and diversity of engine photos you have -- seemingly at your fingertips. You are the "Rainman" of the marinized SBF.   

JQ
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
67 ski nat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 ski nat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2020 at 2:16pm
Quality auto parts store sell good gasket material too
You could easily trace and make one

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 99airwarrior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2020 at 2:48pm
I Do not know how we missed it we pulled the gaskets and laid them on the pump. I must have made a mistake Thank You everyone for the help Joe

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 99airwarrior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2020 at 5:20pm
Keno Thank You for all effort with the exact pump picture Joe
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2020 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by 67 ski nat 67 ski nat wrote:

Quality auto parts store sell good gasket material too
You could easily trace and make one

A quality reading job would have told you in the first post that Joe bought some material and made his own gasket

It probably took a little longer than trimming the one shown above.though.
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2020 at 6:14pm
Originally posted by 99airwarrior 99airwarrior wrote:

Keno Thank You for all effort with the exact pump picture Joe

No problem, it was laying on a shelf,along with that gasket

And JQ, I'm more like the 351W junkman
67 ski nat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 ski nat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-30-2020 at 11:48am
I need reading glasses. I’m holding my phone 3’ from my face
Sorry missed that. Just trying to help
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic