Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Throttle Control

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
evanfout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evanfout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Throttle Control
    Posted: May-29-2020 at 1:34am
Hey Guys!

New to the forum but really excited for all the good info! Had a problem over the weekend with my throttle control. While loading, it seems like it stripped out and now I have no control over the boat. It won't even go back into N so I can't even start the boat, it just freely spins all the way around. Does anyone know what I would need to fix it or have a part number for me? It's a 1996 Nautique Super Sport! picture below of my boat!!

Thanks!!

E
GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2020 at 8:51am
Could be as simple as you just sawed through a 10 dollar cable end pivot.

Drop the controller and take a gander
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2020 at 9:25am
Originally posted by GottaSki GottaSki wrote:

Could be as simple as you just sawed through a 10 dollar cable end pivot.
Drop the controller and take a gander

Originally posted by evanfout evanfout wrote:

it just freely spins all the way around.

Tom,
I don't think the handle will spin all the way around if it's just the cable end. It's more like a handle to shaft issue. But, you are correct that a further investigation is needed.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2020 at 9:45am
Evan,
From the FAQ thread in the maintenance section, here's a link to rebuilding a throttle control. It's probably more in depth than needed and isn't the exact model but it will give you an idea of what's inside and how they work.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2020 at 11:11am
Good point Pete
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole
67 ski nat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 ski nat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2020 at 11:27am
Your in good hands. These guys are great Welcome to ccfan
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic